KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Question for kittycats developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
a recent conversation on addicts chat:

[10:17] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): Kitty why did kittycats only sell the confetti by using menagerie points,. that doesnt seem to fair to people who just want to buy the cat, at 5000 points, that kinda restricts the purchase to breeders
[10:17] Kitty Curious (curiouskitty): because the fur MIGHT be passed to OS that WILL BE transferable
[10:17] Kat Malone (katrin.miklos): except the .. fur is passable so you will beable to buy it on secondary markets
[10:18] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): yes but you have to wait until it is available on secondary markets so some people can make a profit while others cant
[10:18] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): again...not fair
[10:19] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): any cat kittycats produces should be available easily to all
[10:19] Kitty Curious (curiouskitty): that's a decision the dev team made, i think it's mainly to give a boost to the secondary market, for the rest, you'd have to ask them Smile
[10:19] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): how do i ask them
[10:19] Kitty Curious (curiouskitty): you can post a thread on the forums, for example

So I ask you developers, why provide a cat that only certain people can buy. If is is as Kitty curious says to boost use of the Secondary market, you know make it more accessible to only certain people to make a profit off the Confetti cat. And if its not to boost the SM, you still are only allowing certain people to buy the cat while others cant. That's not fair in my opinion. Any cat produced by Kittycats should be made available to anyone by menagerie or Linden purchase. To restrict its purchase limits the potential for "anyone" to breed and make a profit. I await an answer.
I can't give you the answer you are asking for as I am not a developer, but I will tell you that I bought my first menagerie cat before I bred any kitties.

I bought only a few permapets at first. But I fell in love with the tigers as soon as I saw them. I bought the most inexpensive boxes I could find--often costing only L$50--and manageried them. I was able to buy a tiger in no time. She was the first kitten box I birthed. I permapetted her too when she reached 120 days old, and little (tiger) Lily still stalks my flower garden. It was only later that I bought cats to breed, and partly because I enjoyed Lily's kittenhood.

So managerie cats are not available only to breeders.
I personally am very content at my inability to buy a confetti kitten, despite the fact that I would love to explore their genetics by breeding them. As KittyCatS 'players' it is in everyone's interest that surplus boxes should be destroyed (sent to the menagerie) in order to maintain a healthy secondary market. If it were not the fact that these Confetti kittens were so adorable, very few major breeders would be inclined to destroy huge numbers of their stock of boxes in order to get them, the secondary market would then be flooded with stock and we would all suffer.
(07-25-2015 11:37 AM)Petronilla Whitfield Wrote: [ -> ]I can't give you the answer you are asking for as I am not a developer, but I will tell you that I bought my first menagerie cat before I bred any kitties.

I bought only a few permapets at first. But I fell in love with the tigers as soon as I saw them. I bought the most inexpensive boxes I could find--often costing only L$50--and manageried them. I was able to buy a tiger in no time. She was the first kitten box I birthed. I permapetted her too when she reached 120 days old, and little (tiger) Lily still stalks my flower garden. It was only later that I bought cats to breed, and partly because I enjoyed Lily's kittenhood.

5000KB worth of menagerie cats is most likely breeders. The average cat owner in a year doesn't come near 5000KB. But breeders do.
(07-25-2015 12:04 PM)Maxwell Grantly Wrote: [ -> ]I personally am very content at my inability to buy a confetti kitten, despite the fact that I would love to explore their genetics by breeding them. As KittyCatS 'players' it is in everyone's interest that surplus boxes should be destroyed (sent to the menagerie) in order to maintain a healthy secondary market. If it were not the fact that these Confetti kittens were so adorable, very few major breeders would be inclined to destroy huge numbers of their stock of boxes in order to get them, the secondary market would then be flooded with stock and we would all suffer.

So how does the non breeder get the Confetti cats? Yes destroy tons of surplus cats to get the Confetti, you get them breed them and sell to non breeders for profit. And the non breeders, the people who do not have tons to destroy, get what? They get to buy them from people who had excess cats to eliminate. They do not get the chance to buy them from kittycats, they are now at the whim of sellers who may charge exorbitant prices. Or in other words...unfair!
(07-25-2015 01:19 PM)DominickValerian Resident Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Petronilla Whitfield' pid='84652' dateline='1437845862']
I can't give you the answer you are asking for as I am not a developer, but I will tell you that I bought my first menagerie cat before I bred any kitties.

5000KB worth of menagerie cats is most likely breeders. The average cat owner in a year doesn't come near 5000KB. But breeders do.

Perhaps I was unclear.

You do not have to breed a single box to get a menagerie cat. Non breeders can buy menagerie cats directly from Kittycats.

How? Do what I did. Buy inexpensive boxes and send them to the menagerie.
(07-25-2015 01:52 PM)Petronilla Whitfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2015 01:19 PM)DominickValerian Resident Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Petronilla Whitfield' pid='84652' dateline='1437845862']

Perhaps I was unclear.

You do not have to breed a single box to get a menagerie cat. Non breeders can buy menagerie cats directly from Kittycats.

How? Do what I did. Buy inexpensive boxes and send them to the menagerie.

So basically you spent money getting cheap cats, then spent time putting them in menagerie then got the cats. When if Kittycats had just been fair and offered the cats as a simple purchase, you and others would not have had to go through such lengths to do so. Again my point, not fair to all, just to some.
It should be noted that the confetti cats are the cheapest menagerie cats too.

I've always seen the menagerie tigers as a kind of a reward for having been around long and bred kittycats. And I see the new giraffes and confettis like that too. I'm far from a big time breeder, the most I've had is like 10 breeding pairs at one time. But usually I've been sticking with 2-4 pairs of breeders. Slowly working toward my breeding goals and in the meantime also saving up kitty dollars for the menagerie cats by sending the boxes that doesn't have the desired goal to the menagerie. Wouldn't it be boring if there was no game at all? This is just a new level in the dungeon that is kittycats. And there are multiple way of aqcuiring them.
Wait for the people with lots of kittydollars to breed them and get a hold of their offsprings.
Buy really cheap boxes and menagerie to get enough for one.
Get a ton of kittycats, with the new Cattery primcount doesn't matter, all that matters is the food cost. And if you are intent on making sure that KC gets the linden, buy lots of food and then have a bucketload of breeders in the Cattery, dropping boxes for you to menagerie.
You can be patient as a small-time breeder. One box at a time.
Or, you can pay someone to get a confetti, get a permapet vitamin when they are 7 days old and permapet it and hand it to you.

Lots of ways of aqcuiring one, and it's a nice challenge to have. Something to work toward, even if you don't have a breeding goal of your own. Instead of just being given everything all of the time so easily. A lot of people want this challenge, crave the challenge, isn't it nice of Kittycats to think of those people too?
(07-25-2015 05:34 PM)jc aferdita Wrote: [ -> ]It should be noted that the confetti cats are the cheapest menagerie cats too.

I've always seen the menagerie tigers as a kind of a reward for having been around long and bred kittycats. And I see the new giraffes and confettis like that too. I'm far from a big time breeder, the most I've had is like 10 breeding pairs at one time. But usually I've been sticking with 2-4 pairs of breeders. Slowly working toward my breeding goals and in the meantime also saving up kitty dollars for the menagerie cats by sending the boxes that doesn't have the desired goal to the menagerie. Wouldn't it be boring if there was no game at all? This is just a new level in the dungeon that is kittycats. And there are multiple way of aqcuiring them.
Wait for the people with lots of kittydollars to breed them and get a hold of their offsprings.
Buy really cheap boxes and menagerie to get enough for one.
Get a ton of kittycats, with the new Cattery primcount doesn't matter, all that matters is the food cost. And if you are intent on making sure that KC gets the linden, buy lots of food and then have a bucketload of breeders in the Cattery, dropping boxes for you to menagerie.
You can be patient as a small-time breeder. One box at a time.
Or, you can pay someone to get a confetti, get a permapet vitamin when they are 7 days old and permapet it and hand it to you.

Lots of ways of aqcuiring one, and it's a nice challenge to have. Something to work toward, even if you don't have a breeding goal of your own. Instead of just being given everything all of the time so easily. A lot of people want this challenge, crave the challenge, isn't it nice of Kittycats to think of those people too?
Yes it is a challenge. But what about the people who cant do that. Most people can come up with the Linden to buy a cat or two. Not menagerie enough to get the new cats. I feel ALL should have the chance to get the new cats. That means as simple a process as can be done. And being the cheapest cat doesnt mean they will be sold as cheap. I see the offspring being sold for high Lindens. I still have not heard back from Kittycat developers. I want kittycats to convince me why its fair to only provide the cats through menagerie, and not through sales.
Dominick,

People have been begging for several years for new menagerie cats. There have been many threads about it, but one of the most recent is here: Menagerie & Supply & Demand
It, and the other threads like it, are, I think, worth a read. While many many many cats are offered for simple purchase, the menagerie cats serve a different function in the market to try to balance the supply and demand. They are meant to help draw a glut of cat back into the kitty hopper, tighten up the supply.

Offering the Confetti cats for simple purchase would defeat the purpose for having them. As mentioned before - the Vast Majority of Cats are available for simple purchase and we have been begging for this mechanism for years.

Throughout your posts you say that this is unfair. But the scales are so far tilted to simple purchase which leads to increased supply, versus menagerie which takes supply away. You may say that as a "non-breeder" (though if you breed cats, I'd count you as a breeder) it does not benefit you directly. This may be so. But it benefits the game of KittyCatS, the system of KittyCatS as a whole and keeps it healthy.

Other people in this thread have explained various ways to get the Confetti cats if you want them. Everybody has to do this. There is no magical way that "breeders" get them for free. If larger breeders have more cats to toss into the menagerie, it is because they bred those cats and paid to breed those cats. The cost is the same.

You cant buy a menagerie cat from the factory using Linden dollars because that defeats the purpose.

The menagerie pet is an incentive to clear the servers of dorment unwanted cats.

The only way to get a menagerie cat is to send off a pile O cats to the great beyond.
This sticks em in a folder, out of the way somewhere for a while,
till they are erased and free up megabytes.

Uber cat farmers do that, menagering the mass quantities of 'almost theres'
and then sell off the resulting tiger or whatever to the secondary market.

That's where you will get your menagerie pet. Secondary market, cus they
don't sell em off the shelf at the Main store.

Nor should they want to. The menagerie is a tool which they use to
improve the efficiency of the system.

Anybody wants to argue that point, please do.

Save up your pennies pole dancing at the Magic Mikes or something.
Then go buy yourself a La Girafe with the proceeds.
Its easier!

Best of luck with your endeavors!

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's