KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Appeal to private sellers and market owners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I go to secondary markets and private sellers to buy kitties a lot and I use the directory list provided by KC. I find it very annoying to find several private seller shops gone. I even visited two markets and found at one market all the carts empty and lifeless and the other market was completly gone. I would like to remark that if sellers or market owners give up their shop or market they should give a notecard to KC.

Kitten Longmeadow and the KC staff are doing a really great job in listing all the important or interesting links and slurs for the community. I moved my kitty shop a lot in the recent past and I always sent a notecard with the changes to Kitten Longmeadow. It really is no big deal to write a notecard.

So, all you private sellers and market owners out there, if you move or close your shop please inform Kitten Longmeadow.

To Kitten Longmeadow, thank you so much for the secondary market list, we appriciate it a lot.
Senta I agree with you, as for the lifeless empty market, perhaps you weren't rezzing or maybe that market is new.If it's a new market their rentals won't be filled up right away.Heck at my market the new area i just added is still pretty empty. It's also summer in the USA that really slows things down, people are away, they don't always think to update every shop they have in the directory or they could have forgotten about their shops being listed. You could always IM the seller and ask for a new LM. i know it's frustrating and yes markets that have closed should be ncing kitten, I did when I closed my small one last year and this one when i was able to get it back up andbiggerand better than ever I notified kitten right away. But just remember everyone has a rl and sometimes taht's more priorit over sl and they may not have gotten to it yet. I know an sl friend who has been off and on due to health issues and sometmes she can't be on at all or even for months so her rentals don't get updated etc. But she's not a KC breeder she's into a diff breedable but remember life happens and yes it's not too hard to send a NC to update but you really don't know anyone's situtaion, and like i said people forget they are on the list. <3 Also one other thought if it's an older market that's "lifeless" it could be that this owner doesn't manage it well, as in advertise his/her shops for rent and such. I advertise my renters and of course open rentals almost daily and most markets do. But that could be one reason for older markets to be empty. Kitten longmeadow is amazing, she works very hard for KC so i doubt she also has time to wander the list every few weeks and keep up with it. I also think it's easy for someone like you and me to NC kitten letting her know a certain sim is gone etc. i do know the apache owner kind of disappeared on everyone and never gave warning, she simply left. Yes kitten knew of this i think as it was posted on the forums but she's probably so busy the list gets put off for the time being. There's like 16k KC members and think about it if half or even a quarter of them lost cats need help etc.Kitten i think needs her own personal asssistant LOL but yes it would be great for it to be updated but sadly it's not going to be updated on time etc.
(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]... perhaps you weren't rezzing or maybe that market is new.

Lol, sorry but I don't believe somebody would trouble oneself about posting a thread if she did not research first. Would you?
(07-18-2015 06:30 AM)CarlottaAdagio Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]... perhaps you weren't rezzing or maybe that market is new.

Lol, sorry but I don't believe somebody would trouble oneself about posting a thread if she did not research first. Would you?

No need for the rude reply. I was only saying things have been slow rezzing in sl for me lately and i remember a few days ago i wans't rezzing ANYWHERE. It looked like markets were empty and a day later they weren't. So keeep laughing at me it's a legitimate response and it happens to people. I was only stating something.
(07-18-2015 07:18 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]No need for the rude reply. I was only saying things have been slow rezzing in sl for me lately and i remember a few days ago i wans't rezzing ANYWHERE. It looked like markets were empty and a day later they weren't. So keeep laughing at me it's a legitimate response and it happens to people. I was only stating something.

Dreampoetz, I am sorry. I really did not want to be rude but I found it rude to imply that the creator of the post would state this without having gathered Information beforehand but landed there only once when sl did not rezz the land properly. This would be something you think about another person being stupid.
My apologies.
(07-18-2015 06:30 AM)CarlottaAdagio Resident Wrote: [ -> ]

There is no need for that kind of remark as it isn't helpful in any way to ANYONE and people don't need to read it.

As for the original post ........ I agree. I have from time to time an area on my sim where I will do sales and events simply as it allows me to use as many prims as my sim will allow which is often more than any kitty store. I don't usually give the LM etc to Kitten and co as these sales and events are often time limited BUT I do understand what you mean about looking for markets that simply aren't there anymore and no-one has bothered to let Kitten know it's gone.

As for Private sellers, if I can't find their stores with the LM provided, I'll either move onto the next person and delete that LM off of the NC or I'll look up their profile as many usually have their stores in their picks (sometimes that doesn't work either as people forget to check those too).

I agree that Private sellers and Sim owners do have somewhat of a responsibility to keep the info Kitten has up to date, there's no real excuse for it. If you close your sim, whack that on a NC and send to Kitten, job done. If you move your private store or close it, whack the new info on a NC and send to Kitten. Job done. It takes a minute or two.

Aubrey ........ As for Kitten needing an assistant, I agree on that too.

RED (phoenixfire01)
(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Senta I agree with you, as for the lifeless empty market, perhaps you weren't rezzing or maybe that market is new.....If it's a new market their rentals won't be filled up right away.
No, Dreampoetz, I have been visiting these particular shops and markets for more than half a year and everytime I landed there it was the same situation.

(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]You could always IM the seller and ask for a new LM.
Do you really think the customer should be responsible for getting the latest LM? I think it is the seller who wants to sell his kitties so it is his/her responsibility.

(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]But just remember everyone has a rl and sometimes taht's more priorit over sl and they may not have gotten to it yet. I know an sl friend who has been off and on due to health issues and sometmes she can't be on at all or even for months so her rentals don't get updated etc.
I have severe health issues in rl myself. But I see that I am responsible for what I do in sl. A shop is about rl time and rl money so I made sure that there is somebody to handle things when I am too sick to do it myself. This is what I call responsibility. If I could not make sure of this I just won't have an inworld shop.

(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Kitten longmeadow is amazing, she works very hard for KC so i doubt she also has time to wander the list every few weeks and keep up with it.
This is the only thing I can agree with you. And I think it is kind of disregarding Kitten Longmeadow's work if people don't see to update their links.

(07-18-2015 05:07 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Yes kitten knew of this i think as it was posted on the forums but she's probably so busy the list gets put off for the time being. There's like 16k KC members and think about it if half or even a quarter of them lost cats need help etc. Kitten i think needs her own personal asssistant LOL but yes it would be great for it to be updated but sadly it's not going to be updated on time etc.
Kitten Longmeadow does more than her best. It would be not tolerable to think she should do more when it is so little for every shopkeeper to do. So I don't know why you keep talking about Kitten Longmeadow's work as she is doing her job so fine. That is what I said in my post.
(07-18-2015 07:39 AM)Senta Garnburg Wrote: [ -> ][quote='dreampoetz Resident' pid='84281' dateline='1437217665']
Senta I agree with you, as for the lifeless empty market, perhaps you weren't rezzing or maybe that market is new.....If it's a new market their rentals won't be filled up right away.
No, Dreampoetz, I have been visiting these particular shops and markets for more than half a year and everytime I landed there it was the same situation.

Senta, not sure what sims you have been visiting but I can assure you, all the popular sims are still there, live and kicking. I've been in KC for 2+ years now and I can honestly say the "Popular" sims are very much there.

Too Adorable = Still there and has added sims
ScratchN Post = Still there though dropped from 5 to 3 sims.
Adorable Darlings (VYGG) = Still there and hasn't changed that much.
Rainbow's End = Still there and expanding

Sorry if I didn't put everyone's sims, was just pulling ones from the top of my head. No offence intended.
(07-18-2015 07:39 AM)phoenixfire01 Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2015 06:30 AM)CarlottaAdagio Resident Wrote: [ -> ]dreampoetz Resident wrote:
... perhaps you weren't rezzing or maybe that market is new.

There is no need for that kind of remark as it isn't helpful in any way to ANYONE and people don't need to read it.

My apologies. I am sorry if I offended somebody but I found it rude to imply that the creator of the post would state this without having gatered information beforehand but landed there only once when sl did not rezz the land properly. This would be something you think about another person being stupid. So maybe it does help people to reconsider before they write.
My apologies. I am sorry if I offended somebody but I found it rude to imply that the creator of the post would state this without having gatered information beforehand but landed there only once when sl did not rezz the land properly. This would be something you think about another person being stupid. So maybe it does help people to reconsider before they write.

[/quote]

Aubrey wasn't trying to imply that anyone was stupid in the slightest and she sends her apology to Senta if she felt that was the case. Aubrey was simply attempting to offer help. Personal attacks on posts and people that attempt to help others are not useful and discourage them from helping in the future which isn't helpful in a community such as KittyCatS! which relies on Community.

With due respects,

RED
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's