KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Two Missing Commas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe that there are two missing commas in the last two sentences of this article - one in each sentence. This may cause a slight misunderstanding in how the cats can breed.

http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id=63

For example one sentence currently reads:

"Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats with an Confetti KittyCatS Offspring."

It seems to imply that the example is referring to how two confetti kittens can breed with their offspring. I think the sentence should read as ...

"Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats, with a Confetti KittyCatS Offspring."

Or possibly:

"Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats (with a Confetti KittyCatS Offspring.)"

The same issue is present in the second sentence of these two last sentences in the article. I know it might seem petty but I read the false meaning into both sentences at first and became confused, until I studied the tables in the manual for clarification.
It should read read as 'which produce a offspring' and, yes, it still needs a comma before the which.
(07-17-2015 03:40 AM)Maxwell Grantly Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that there are two missing commas in the last two sentences of this article - one in each sentence. This may cause a slight misunderstanding in how the cats can breed.

http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id=63

For example one sentence currently reads:

"Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats with an Confetti KittyCatS Offspring."

It seems to imply that the example is referring to how two confetti kittens can breed with their offspring. I think the sentence should read as ...

"Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats, with an Confetti KittyCatS Offspring."

Or possibly:

"Breeding 2 Confetti KittyCats (with an Confetti KittyCatS Offspring.)"

The same issue is present in the second sentence of these two last sentences in the article. I know it might seem petty but I read the false meaning into both sentences at first and became confused, until I studied the tables in the manual for clarification.

changed Smile hope it is clear now....
Thank God for our Grammer Meisters - and I mean this in a most sincere and flattering way. I was wranging with that, thinking it was just that I was dense. Thank you for clarifying!
Thank you.

I could hear him freaking out in the dark forest. . .

" THIS GRAMMER CANNOT BE CORRECT!!!"

I betcha Maxwell is good at math too Wink

(07-17-2015 07:41 AM)Bumblebliss Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Thank God for our Grammer Meisters - and I mean this in a most sincere and flattering way. I was wranging with that, thinking it was just that I was dense. Thank you for clarifying!

*nods* Ditto! I was trying to "parse" it but just ended up confused. Thanks, guys!
Reference URL's