KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Naming of the boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what is the best way to name the boxes so that other can know what it is at a glance I have put the number of traits and the fur and eye color so i have a idea of what kitties it is but was looking for a better way of doing this for myself and others too. I would appreciate any advice i could get
The number of traits is good, I usually point out if there's a new trait or something like if i have a chic tail on it, that's a new trait so i make sure to put that in the name as well Smile but i think how you label them is fine
Everyone has their own system. Use what makes sense to you and your customers. You don't have to stick with a single name.

Personally, I like to see fanciful, humorous names, especially puns, and think '9T BMCCBWCxRBW G5 H7', while probably very meaningful to the breeder, somehow detracts from sales; and the seller would do better to rename it to 'Little Chaos' or '9T Blue Mink'
When I name the box for selling, I do something like "Fluffy~9T Red Tabby Gerbera Orange Flame Whiskers " and try to put key things as commonly used keywords for buyers. Many buyers if they are looking for something specific will use the Area Search feature in the browser while roaming the markets to home in on special traits. For example, if I was trying to find the new Exotic Journey eyed trait, as a buyer I would put Journey into the search box and possibly miss cats or boxes that don't have Journey in their name.
When I used to sell my kittycats, I would always rename to list their best traits. The ones I keep I will usually name them based on who their parents were. It is just easier for me to keep track of them and to pull them out more quickly of the cattery when I'm looking for a specific kittycat.
After I name a box, if I unbox it, the name of the kitten goes to a default random name. does that happen to you too?
(07-19-2015 09:33 AM)Lana Mathilde Wrote: [ -> ]After I name a box, if I unbox it, the name of the kitten goes to a default random name. does that happen to you too?

yes. it's supposed to. I freaked out because I couldn't find my kitty anymore when I birthed it because it had changed name! Huh
Reference URL's