KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: help plzzzzzzz....screen shot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I want to know how to take a screen shot of my pedigree pages. I didn't know the pedigree's only lasted 30 mins on here when advertising in the forum. Thank foe any help. Smile
I use Gyazo. You just download it on yoru computer and teh rest is pretty simple it has instructions gyazo.com good luck Smile
(07-06-2015 01:34 PM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I use Gyazo. You just download it on yoru computer and teh rest is pretty simple it has instructions gyazo.com good luck Smile
Thank you Smile Hugzzzzz
You're welcome Starr hugsss
(07-06-2015 01:25 PM)Starr Smithson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I want to know how to take a screen shot of my pedigree pages. I didn't know the pedigree's only lasted 30 mins on here when advertising in the forum. Thank foe any help. Smile

can you clarify what only lasts 30 minutes, I want to learn about it
(07-06-2015 07:12 PM)Lana Mathilde Wrote: [ -> ]

can you clarify what only lasts 30 minutes, I want to learn about it

When you post a pedigree link on the forum, it only lasts 30 minutes. after 30 mins it times out so using a screenshot for forum posts is the best way to show a pedigree
I am still having trouble with the site you gave me. My son showed me what to use and make a square, but then I try to pull it up and nothing. Help....lol
you put a square over what you want to copy andd capture. Then it will come up as a website and you just will copy and past ethe website onto your forum post. It can be tricky to get the square to go around the whole thing at first. It took me a few tries lol but it's like highlighting a selection that you want tocopy but instead your'e using the tool and you have to keep dragging the square to get what you want to get
(07-06-2015 07:12 PM)Lana Mathilde Wrote: [ -> ]can you clarify what only lasts 30 minutes, I want to learn about it

The pedigree link that you, or someone else, generates in local when clicking on a KittyCat or box for info (assuming you have turned these on in your account - see below*) expires for everyone else 30 minutes after it is generated, so they are no good for posting here, in the MP, etc. (If you own the cat, it will take you to the regular pedigree page, but anyone else clicking it sees a warning that it will expire if it is still good, or a message that it has expired, when they look.)

These are for people who are shopping in world to be able to view your cat's pedigree, and you can also IM them when actively discussing a cat with someone - just remember they expire.

It's the one I bolded below:

??????????????????????????????????????????
? Dark Odyssey

Fur: Abyssinian - Dark Chocolate
Eyes: Odyssey Bellini (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Porcelain
Tail: Mysterious
Ears: Mysterious Odyssey Fold
Whiskers: Latte (Shape: Plush)
Size: 43 cm (16.9 inch)

Version: 1.45
Owner: MsMagick Resident
ID: 76ef5311-30c0-13b2-1be2-d241c57f2379
Pedigree: http://kittycats.biz/p.php?2babdac1-7209497-67685 <--- THIS LINK
?????????????????????????????
MOM: Chocolate Bellini

Unlike some other breedables, no else can access the url of the pedigree page you see when you are logged into your account, and since these expire, taking a picture of your cat's pedigree is the only real way to share it anywhere people might look at it hours or days later.

* The easiest way to turn these on is to click the Your Account tab above and check the box that says: "Automatically enable In World Pedigree links for all my new cats & boxes".
For existing cats that aren't showing the link after you do that, there is a box in the upper right hand corner of their pedigree page to click to turn it on just for that cat.
(We asked KC for a way to turn it on for all of them, and they just implemented that, but it would have been too much for their servers to make it retroactive to all the existing kitties all at once.)

There's lots more info about this here: http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=20814

I don't like Gyazo, so I do it the old-fashioned way Smile -

Use the Print Screen button (this works on any Windows computer, but you might have to hold down a button like Alt or Ctrl when you press it, depending on how your buttons are set up) which puts a full screenshot onto your clipboard and then paste that into a new picture in ANY picture editing program... Paint, PhotoShop, etc. to crop it the way you want.

Then save that on your computer and upload it from there, using the Add Attachment command below. If you want little picture, you can just use the option to insert it into your post.

If you want it bigger, you can do that. Then go look at the post, right click the picture and copy the url, and go back and insert that into the post using the option about when in Full Edit mode. Once you get the hang of this, you can see that the urls are all the same except for the number that is assigned to each picture when it is attached.

This stores the picture on your computer (or I put mine on Dropbox) and on the Forum itself.
i think i got it to work right. just took my first shot,but i couldn't get the whole pedigree page. Also how are you getting those pretty pictures of your kitty? Thank you so much for helping me Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's