KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Can Some One Explain the Benefits of Breeding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if I want ot or not but if someone could explain the benefits I just might =) thanks
Well, I breed because I like the cats. I like how there's all these different traits and we can pretty much make our own unique cat from it. I have had lots of successful projects because everyone is helpful in the community. We have trait charts with dominance or recessive so it makes your project go a bit smoother, there will be some surprises now and again but I breed for fun. I love the kitties, yes I sell some that i don't want or ones I want to share with people, but I never expect to make profit. As long as it somewhat helps me pay for food it's fine for me. I just love the feeling I get when i create a cat that has all the traits I wanted I've wanted to give up a couple of times but my determination pulled through. I am constantly trying to put unique traits together, probabl why most times my shop isn't filled with a ton because I constantly open new boxes to improve my "projects". It's just fun.
(05-16-2015 09:25 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I breed because I like the cats. I like how there's all these different traits and we can pretty much make our own unique cat from it. I have had lots of successful projects because everyone is helpful in the community. We have trait charts with dominance or recessive so it makes your project go a bit smoother, there will be some surprises now and again but I breed for fun. I love the kitties, yes I sell some that i don't want or ones I want to share with people, but I never expect to make profit. As long as it somewhat helps me pay for food it's fine for me. I just love the feeling I get when i create a cat that has all the traits I wanted I've wanted to give up a couple of times but my determination pulled through. I am constantly trying to put unique traits together, probabl why most times my shop isn't filled with a ton because I constantly open new boxes to improve my "projects". It's just fun.

Oh ok cool does sound like a neat hobby to get into. thanks for the info =)
There are classes you can go to that help teach how to breed where you can make new friends and learn new things about kitties. I believe they're listed in the community section of forums.

There are fun updates and tons of traits to choose from to make your special kitty.

You can share your pics in showroom in forums and flikr.

There are fun events that KC and others host.

You will rip your hair out, scream, maybe curse, because those evil kitties didn't pass the traits you wanted or the right sex to breed back. (yes you can inbreed kitties and need to most times) But when you look in those little faces, you will glue your hair back on, stop screaming and cursing and realize you are addicted to the little darlings.
It's like doing a puzzle that purrs at you.
(05-16-2015 01:44 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote: [ -> ]It's like doing a puzzle that purrs at you.

hehehehehhehehehe! I 2nd That!!!!! hehehehehhee
One Beautiful! Fun! Fast Moving, Little Boogers! At times "Brain Twisting, Head Scratching" Puzzle! hehehehehe
But best of All only if you want it to be!

Just Check Out the KittyCatS Flickr Photos from the community!
Heart KittyCatS Flickr Click Here! Heart
It's addictive. Once you've had your first kitty baby, you'll be back for more. Then one day you'll notice you have 2000 unopened kitty boxes and you'll think how did that happen. Someone will ask you what are the benefits to breeding. You scratch your head, think of all the kibble costs, the crossing your fingers hoping for the hiddens , the crossing your fingers and hoping for the dominant-not the hidden, the growth of your cattery, the auctions where when you sell a kitty - you buy another one probably more expensive, the friends you made, the countless cute kitty pictures you take and you answer,

"I don't know what the benefits are but I really really love breeding kittycats. It's just amazingly fun."

If you're hoping someone will say the benefit is the money -- honestly, it's not about the money. You'll probably put more RL$ in than you get out. If you'e hoping it will support you, doubtful.

If what you want is intellectual exercise, creative outlets, friends, and cute kitties, then odds are very good, that is what you will find.
Reference URL's