KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT KITTYCATS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We love hearing about how people found out about KittyCatS!

The stories range from funny to utterly bizarre!

We would LOVE to hear yours! Was it a friend? enemy? Did you love pets? Was it a birthday cat or a free cat? Was it in search? The marketplace?

Did you see one wandering about?

Let us know how YOU found out about the cats... even though we know it's the cats that found YOU Tongue

so, TELLS US YOUR STORY!
I heard about kittycats when my former daughter showed me the picture that it was a new breedable coming out. I bought 3 pairs of kittycats back in February 2011.
Some of you already know mine, but I'd love to share here!

I've only been in KC for a little over a year now. I learned about KittyCatS because of the 2013 Firestorm kitty. Before then I had just come back to SL after a 3 year break. So much had changed, including learning about mesh I was a bit overwhelmed at first. Then I heard that people had pets they could breed. A friend of mine bred bunnies, which I thought was adorable but I found to be horribly confusing...course she had a lot so that might have contributed to it. Then I logged in one day (I use the firestorm viewer) and saw an Ad for the Firestorm KittyCat from KC! I'm a sucker for cats so I went to check it out. I got a boy - he was soooo cute!! Having him be a perma pet was amazing because I was able to learn how to work the menu and all the basic things without risking getting him sick or unhappy. Soon after I opened the free gen kitty that came with the package. I got a Flame III boy with gen earth eyes....and promptly named him Fluffernutter! Feeding him was a breeze and the full menu wasn't hard to figure out....next thing I knew I was exploring the KittyCatS! main store and got a starter girl bag. They grew up and gave me the experience of having a first kitten...I was so excited and when I saw that little boy with a mix of his parents traits I was totally hooked. Little while after that I met someone who is now my SL sister who showed me how awesome megapuss are and I fell completely in love with that size. Now, 1 year 8 months later I have hundreds of kittens, haven't even bred all the furs and traits yet and I have over 120 megapuss...and that number is still growing and people know me as the Mega Queen. I've met amazing people and made a bunch of friends whom I adore! All thanks to one little ad about a firestorm kitty.... Smile
Not long after I discovered SL, I found out about some breedables such as Meeroos first, I was intrigued by the idea, but couldn't understand why people would pay so much to breed them. I love all animals, but I'm especially fond of cats, so I looked on the marketplace for a realistic pet cat. I first saw the Kittycat's there, the pictures were of the boxes only and I wasn't sure about them, or why they cost so much. So I did a bit of researching, and heard about traits affecting pricing, which confused me, also discovering the cost of food was a bit of a turn off, because at the time I had no lindens or space for breedables. I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about as I'd never seen a Kittycat up close. Then one day I discovered a clothing store full of Kittycat's, many of them Megas, they were breeding and dropping boxes all over the place, and I thought they were amazing, I really wanted one then, but I still didn't have the lindens. Eventually I got my own bit of land with some friends, and a few lindens together and that's when I heard about the first firestorm kitty release, we all immediately went and got one each, and unpacked them along with the free starter cats. We bred the starter cats together and were very excited when our first boxes arrived. We bred genesis cats for a little while, we spent a lot of time playing with them, talking about them and looking for them (they got lost often!). The first time I went to the Kittycat's store, I remember seeing a cocoa black and white NO.1 there, which i immediately fell in love with, I went to the secondary markets, looking for one, but I couldn't find any I could afford, although I did discover many other furs I loved. The first Kittycat's I ever purchased were on the Marketplace, a grey and white No.2 and a Russian Blue. Not long after in the secondary marketplace I found a Siamese Chocolate I really loved, a Russian White, a Russian Black and an Abyssinian Black Silver toy. The first megapuss I ever got, was a gorgeous 9T Russian Black with Lucky Irish Clover eyes. The first Megapuss I bred was a 2013 Skelebow. The first collectibles I ever got were two Mummy Mia cats, they gave me a toy Frankenpire, which I gave to my cousin as a gift, and later perma-petted it for him. Now I have hundreds of Kittycat's, including Cocoa & White No.1, every one of whom I adore. I love the Kittycat's community even with its ups and downs, most people I have met are very friendly, and so many are willing to help you with anything Kittycat related if you ask. Not only have I made great friends, I found a loving family, and I never get bored! There's always something to do involving Kittycat's. I still get very excited every time I get a new box, and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon!
Way back, almost at the beginning of KittyCatS, my sweet friend Renee gave me a pair of kitties that I named Pinky and Perky. I was so amazed when they had the cutest little kitty ever! From that point on, I was hooked. Smile
I had just gotten married in sl to my soulmate Smile and my friend had a couple as pets, and before I knew it, i had 2 then 4 then 6 and then close to 200!! I love kitties in rl and these are just adorable. we are no longer friends but i have made a ton of new friends, and in july will be myy 2 year anniversray in KC! YAY!
This is not an unusual story. Like Ayame, I came in because of the Firestorm cat. (But I have some pictures that I hope you will like.)
This is the first day with the first KittyCat, Rannit.

[Image: 2r4jy2e.jpg]

I know you can barely see him in the picture he is so tiny, but that is kind of the point. and how often do you see pictures of the petting brush? But he got bigger.

[Image: 2r24ux2.jpg]

I still thought breeders were insane people for spending money on catfood though. One day Rannit and I were out wandering and we came to Nacht's Landing and saw this cat:

[Image: 2ise1bs.jpg]

This mega is still there. I went back and took the picture yesterday. Somehow this kitty reminded me of Beatrix Potter's Tom Kitten - though Tom Kitten isn't a bengal but has to be some kind of AS Tabby. But the blue and brown combination clicked in my brain and I said to myself, "I Must have a cat like That." And so I went on my first market hunt. And I found a tawny bengal, whom I named Tom, after Tom Kitten.

[Image: 33eiyd1.jpg]

Here he is looking very sage and wise, being the Second Oldest of my cats. He would say that Rannit doesn't count somehow because of being a freebie permapet who never bred and had kittens. Rannit does not care.

Quick edit to add: I actually did know vaguely about KittyCatS previously. I saw them in the round of Collabor88, and passed up a chance to buy them. I looked them over and thought it sounded too much like a "thing" and that I didn't want to get involved. I was very right - it is a "Thing" and it is Involved. But it is so much fun. Smile
keep the stories coming!! tell your friends too, we love hearing them!!!

A friend of mine tossed me one as a birthday present.
I proceeded to rip open the box and destroy it.

However, since I was eager to see a box actually hatch,
I went to the store and bought another one.

The problem started when Longmeadow sent me back a fixed box
and suddenly I had TWO.

We all know what happens when two KittyCatS get together.
795 cats show up!

oh, AND TWO GEMS Wink

Here is a pic of Winnow, the start of it all. At 1007 days old looking good for her age.

[Image: serenading%20a%20cat%20in%20a%20green%20collar.jpg]
The 2014 Firestorm cat stole my heart. So of course, I felt she needed a friend, so I opened the free kitten that came with her. This, of course, led to wanting a kitten. So I picked up a pair. Now I have oodles of kittens!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's