KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: No Sleeping Cat Toys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the 1.44 update most of our sleeping Live cats would have a toy rezzed.

After updating with the 1.45 Updater at the Main Store, and also bringing some cats InWorld from the 1.45 Cattery Dock, I have not seen any Toys when the cats are sleeping. We have about 15 3D cats, mostly pets, rezzed. Still watching and waiting, but did the 1.45 update fix one bug and create another?

Yes we have enough prims left, 2625 prims now. We did move to a Magnum SL sim on Monday, but I am certain I saw toys rezzed here with the 1.44 cats.

Shamu
I got 8 cats sleeping now, and no toys are rezzed!

Am I the only one that doesn't see the toys? I even set my parcel for Object entry for Everyone. No way I am going to allow Public rezzing, and that was never needed before!

The toys are offered to the avatar when you pet/Play with them, and I notice the toys have no group as rezzed as an attachment, even though the cats group is the land group. Different issue I think.

Shamu
Objects can give and attach, with your permission, without 'rezzing' (in world) or going through your inventory. When this occurs, they don't have a 'group', per se, because, as an attachment, they're using your avatar's current group, even if you change it. Such attachments never, in fact, need a group because, when dropped or detached, they should disappear rather than going in-world or to your inventory.

So, yes, different, no, not an issue, that's how it's supposed to work.
(05-07-2015 08:47 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Objects can give and attach, with your permission, without 'rezzing' (in world) or going through your inventory. When this occurs, they don't have a 'group', per se, because, as an attachment, they're using your avatar's current group, even if you change it. Such attachments never, in fact, need a group because, when dropped or detached, they should disappear rather than going in-world or to your inventory.

So, yes, different, no, not an issue, that's how it's supposed to work.

THanks Tad, I sort of figured that. Even stranger, I have a live cat at another sim with the 1.45 update, and he is sleeping with a blue toy.

Time for a ticket I guess.
(05-07-2015 06:13 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I got 8 cats sleeping now, and no toys are rezzed!
Shamu

Since no one else is replying, here is an update.

The toys are rezzing but with a lower frequency than I thought would be. I am seeing a toy for about every 8 sleeping cats on average. Of course the toys can rezz when a cat changes it's sleeping pose, and then vanish when the pose changes again, and it is impossible to watch them all the time. With 15 3D cats all sleeping, the most with toys I have seen at the same time is four, and the least is one. So, its another random weighted variable that determines the toy and it's frequency, that only KC knows.
Reference URL's