KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Come back to shock...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I left SL just for 2-3 months, checking in only to feed and make sure my kitties don't starve. Just because RL was taking over my life. But the shocking thing that I came back into KC just about 3 days ago made me cringe.

People who know me knows, even from my profile, that I once left SL for 4 years because DRAMA was getting too much and out of hand. As a person says, RL is full of drama and we can't avoid it, why bring them into a game?

Unfortunately, there is drama even in SL. I've had people from the community track me down on my alt just to inform me and "poison" my mind.

Thank you and sorry. I block everyone on my alt. simply because I want a drama free SL.

I roam the secondary markets. I don't care who you are and what "community" you belong too, I am me. I stand neutral. I want to enjoy KC. I want to breed, sell, make friends, and have a wonderful time.

As I was surfing the forums, I came upon so many interesting things in the forum threads. Especially upon pricing.

How much do I sell my cat? Simple. Take a whole breeding cycle food + milk + cost in buying parents and divide them with the number of kitten box they produce, that is how much I charge.
Land rentals to factor in? If you breed in cattery, you don't need to pay rent or teir. So why charge consumers for your land rentals? I MAY have a comfy house with my partner and you have to pay for my rent? I don't think that is fair.

All in all, I am writing this post because I really want to tell people that I am not a shallow person or do I need to "follow the masses". I do what I think is right and not against my conscience. Period.

Lastly, PLEASE, if you want drama, stay away from me. I deal with drama everyday as in my RL job. I don't need more on SL.

P.S.: I really hope that the community will be what it used to be. Simple, friendly, fun and playful. It's about cats, we should follow the cat's characteristic.
Okay, here's my advice: Don't sweat it.
Don't sweat the drama. Let it roll off you like water off the back of a duck.
Don't let this get bigger than it is.

During the whole thread-which-shall-not-be named, I kept my quiet, not because I didn't have opinions. Everybody's got opinions. And not because I was scared to post. I'm not scared to post. But really, in some situations, we don't all need to pile on. Seriously, nobody needed my 2ยข, especially because some people like Wendi and Devil and some others were out there writing truly gracious posts.

Coming away from all of that, the one thing that bothered me was not the competition and arguments about pricing - that will be with us 'til the end - but the allegation of griefing. But the forum isn't the place to hash that out.

The Community is neither greater nor lesser than it was last month.
We are all of us independent actors.
Don't let somebody's drama wreck your day.

And at the risk of being corny, I provide for your entertainment a song. You click it if you want to. You don't have to click it if you don't want to.

My Little Pony, "Hearts Strong as Horses".
As I sit here humming "We got heart as strong as kitties" Thanks for sticking the song in my head Ivy! rofl

You both have the right ideas. Just Say NO or I say ENOUGH. RL is hard enough and SL is suppose to be a break from it all for a lot of us.

There are loooooooooots of wonderful people in the community.

I too left because of the dramas of rl and here. But when I came back, my friends greeted me like I never left and I've made a few more wonderful friends in the community.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone else. Enjoy your kitties and your friends. The beauty of the internet is you can mute. I just wish I had that option in rl! There is duct tape, but I don't think that would be legal. rofl Dodgy
I have a few very good friends from the community. We can talk about anything under the sky. mostly me ranting about my RL job. Lol
Those were exacly my words.. We all have out daily issue's in real life.. and drama.. Why bring it here? For me being in Secondlife, and also in the Kittycats means walking away from rl.. have some free time from daily things. Enjoy the free time and set your mind at something else. Something that supose to be fun. I have seen it all here at the forum, speaking to others who were hurt.... ignore drama.. enjoy the game.. etc etc. For some it might be easy! Some some others not.. Words can hurt a lot! Incl backstabbing! Exacly why I left the community! Mostly? Being nice and cute to you, and when you turn your back around.. Jikes!!

I still love to work with kittycats tho. I just dont like a lot of people in the Kittycats Community.. And to be honest?.. It will never change! Since I quit auctions and visit auctions.. and talk to others.. For me the drama stopped! But if I hear whats going on.. and even see! Whats going.. incl open in groups!! For everybody to read! A door smacked in your face.. and here.. in the forum.. I wonder if it will ever change. I know the answer tho.. No.. It never will! And it's pretty said if you think about the age of all or most of us..

Oh and I am certain not claiming to be perfect. Everybody makes mistakes! Nobody is perfect. But in this communty?.. to much is going on..
Reference URL's