KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie needs help - packing question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I am new to the KittyCats world and don't plan on selling anything for awhile but I like to be prepared and am researching everything.

There is one thing I can't seem to find info on when it comes to selling kittens.

Do you birth them first (to see what they are), or do you simply sell the unbirthed kitten.

Either way, how do you box it for sale? Is there a way to "unbirth" a brand new kitty back to a box? I have a starter kitty but I also bought one from the marketplace (which took 15 minutes to birth - not the regular 5 of the starter), and came in a different package. How do people do that?

Sorry for all the questions but I may not want to birth a kitty (no matter how much fun it is), if it means I can't sell it as a new born kitten.

Thanks,
Kramer
You can sell/trade cats as boxes (what the parents produce) or lives.

To sell them in-world, you simply mark it for sale with a price. To sell on the Marketplace, you'll need a Magic Box; but only still-in-the-box kittens should be sold this way: live cats will starve and get sick (same for making your own box and putting lives in it). In any case, there is no special preparation needed.

You can see what the cat is, boxed or unboxed by clicking on the cat, or visiting its Pedigree page.

Starters come in delivery packages. For the,. yes, you'll need to follow the procedure for getting the cat (boxes) out to know what they are and sell them. But you probably won't find a market for Starters.

In you 'birth' (un-box) a kitten and decide you want it back in the kitten box, you can get a free re-box kit at the Main Store. You have 24 hours to make the decision, after which it can never be put in a box again.
Generally you simply sell the unbirthed box - look at my MP store, and look around the Secondary Shops:
http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...=secondary

Be aware that selling breedables on the MP takes some work and isn't well supported. And - yes - it only works for Boxes and Perma-Pets (a topic for another day).

If you want to unpack a box for pics, you can get a free repacker at the KC store, but it only works if the kitten is still 0 days old. They are on a table with other freebies that you might want to check out. Go in the front door, turn to the right and look on the backside of the front wall. The Break Free bottle allows you to change your mind regarding partnering two cats, but it also must be done within the first 24 hours.

Collection kitties have special boxes rather than the cardboard boxes, but they also ALL have an image mode, which shows the pic of the kitten inside. Right click and choose "Box" or "Image" on the blue menu.

The kittens purchased from the KC store come in extra packaging with food and vitamins inside that are non-transferable. That has to be opened first to get to the actual boxed kitten. Also, free free cats, and maybe the regular starters (I've never bought them), are generally non-transferable. The Collection Cat boxes are transferable once they've been taken out of the exterior package, but again the food, etc. is not. Look at the box in your inventory if you are not sure.

FYI - the Kitty Cats Addicts group IMs are also a great for learning and getting answers about how everything works, and they're generally faster than the forum. There are usually KC Customer Service Reps on call there as well as in the store, and everyone is so amazing.

(I was answering at the same time Tad was, but pretty much echo what he said.)
Reference URL's