KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Speaking of Surprises....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was my surprise today. I rescued the Bengal and this was my first time breeding him. It was another one of those weird matches that happens when you have odds and ends, and just pair them with whoever is left.

Wondering where the Salt & Pepper Foxie came from (we all know how popular those are so I'm not going to assume it's the same side as the Foxie that's showing), but I am even more interested in what's hidden underneath :-) ...well, unless it's another of the same.
Congrats on your kitty.

Foxie S&P was the most recessive for awhile (about a year ago). The foxie probably passed hidden for generations on the cinnamon--hides that pass for generations often happen when people do "pure" breeding because the more dominant trait keeps showing. I like to mix up my breeding so I often find hiddens on "pure breeds" -- I'd say 70% of the time 2-4 traits have a hidden. Except for white mysterious whiskers -- for some reason those are often double white, double mysterious. (I'm so happy they retired mysterious)

It's really awesome that the cinnamon had swanky behind the guitar. Normally the only thing I ever find behind guitar is plush or mysterious.

I love finding hids.
It good to look at it that way: finding hidden treasures! :-)
Kayla, thanks for much for helping me appreciate & analyze these!
Reference URL's