KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Recovery for Sick Cats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering how to help my cats recover if they are 100% hungry and in that sick "coma". I know they do not die, and that a rescue potion can restore them. However, I thought that they could be fed for 7 days and could also recover in this way. My problem is that my 100% hungry, sick cats do not seem willing to eat when they are in a coma. Is there something else that I need to do? I saw something called "food recovery" potion, but I do not understand its purpose. Is this necessary if I just want to feed them back into health? Thanks for any insight!
(03-23-2015 11:02 AM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering how to help my cats recover if they are 100% hungry and in that sick "coma". I know they do not die, and that a rescue potion can restore them. However, I thought that they could be fed for 7 days and could also recover in this way. My problem is that my 100% hungry, sick cats do not seem willing to eat when they are in a coma. Is there something else that I need to do? I saw something called "food recovery" potion, but I do not understand its purpose. Is this necessary if I just want to feed them back into health? Thanks for any insight!

Hi there,

you can get a Vitamin Potion at the KittyCatS Mainstore. It's called "Get Well" for t he fast way

or

As you mentioned already you can feed them with Kibble. Make sure your cat and the kibble is razzed on an area where scripts are allowed. Make sure both, kibble and cat, are set to the same group. Make also sure your kibbles is in range. best is to set the Kibble itself to "My Cats" & "Sim Wide".

xoxo
julia
Sometimes it can help to re-rez the cat.

Also, it can take a few minutes for any cat (sick or otherwise) to find food and begin eating. Patience here. If you rezzed the food, then the cat, give it 10 or 15 minutes to begin eating. Also, remember, a 1% change, so you can see it, takes about 1:40.

So, don't go thinking anything is wrong unless it's been about 2 hours and the cat is still 100% hungry/
(03-23-2015 11:02 AM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering how to help my cats recover if they are 100% hungry and in that sick "coma". I know they do not die, and that a rescue potion can restore them. However, I thought that they could be fed for 7 days and could also recover in this way. My problem is that my 100% hungry, sick cats do not seem willing to eat when they are in a coma. Is there something else that I need to do? I saw something called "food recovery" potion, but I do not understand its purpose. Is this necessary if I just want to feed them back into health? Thanks for any insight!

What Julia said - you need both kitties and the food in the same Group, and/or Owner.

Also be sure to check the box in Preferences "Always rez objects under the land group if possible" in your viewer. Otherwise if you don't have your group land tag on, the cats will rezz with the wrong group, and will not eat.

Automatic feeders are tricky too - you need the feeder, the tray, and the kibble in the correct group. This happens automatically if objects are always rezzed with the land group.

The $L 290 "get well" vitamin is a rip off imo, since it costs $L 42 to feed a sick cat for 7 days (less if you buy kibble in large quantities.)

Only if the cat is valuable enough to overcome the $248 penality to get well instantly is this a rational decision. But then Kittycats is based on Behavior Mollification, which causes people to act irrationally when spending money. Smile
(03-23-2015 07:30 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote: [ -> ]

What Julia said - you need both kitties and the food in the same Group, and/or Owner.

Also be sure to check the box in Preferences "Always rez objects under the land group if possible" in your viewer. Otherwise if you don't have your group land tag on, the cats will rezz with the wrong group, and will not eat.

Automatic feeders are tricky too - you need the feeder, the tray, and the kibble in the correct group. This happens automatically if objects are always rezzed with the land group.

The $L 290 "get well" vitamin is a rip off imo, since it costs $L 42 to feed a sick cat for 7 days (less if you buy kibble in large quantities.)

Only if the cat is valuable enough to overcome the $248 penality to get well instantly is this a rational decision. But then Kittycats is based on Behavior Mollification, which causes people to act irrationally when spending money. Smile

^^ exactly yesterday i was trying to calculate whats cheaper....but...was too late and brain was down from rl work LOL. Thank you!
Also, remember that your cat can't eat if it's sleeping. You can manually wake it up if it has at least 25% energy.
All the good insight is appreciated!!! I guess I was being too impatient...I will try to give the cats more time to start eating. I had also thought that they could not "wake up" if they were sick.
Reference URL's