KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Serenity -- this narrows recessiveness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Serenity was discovered 2/24/14

Saga's chart has Serenity eyes at

"Serenity is dominant to Ice Crystal and recessive to Blue Ice -- more info, please."
The eyes between Blue Ice and Ice Crystal are:

Blue Ice (Retired) *
Caramel *
Blacklight (Retired) *
Grass (Retired) *
Purple Rain * (Retired)
Oceania (Retired) *
Odyssey Splash (Retired)
Key Lime *
The CRYSTAL EYES!! (see note below)
Odyssey Burst
Ice Crystal

These charts narrow it down to between Crystal Sun and Ice Crystal

Note that the crystal eyes are not totally nailed down, Saga's chart says
"CRYSTAL EYES!! (order among them still in work:
Crystal Sea > Crystal Dream,
Crystal Sun > Crystal Clear,
Crystal Spring ?"

[Image: fd572013927ab91c9fffd165a39a5fef.png]

This chart shows that Mom Shaeleigh, the starter is hiding Serenity which is shown on the baby. Dad's eye Rainbow Prism or hider is hiding.

[Image: 1aad122deea24960dbccee61c5fc0bd9.png]

This chart shows Dad Blakemore shown eye Crystal Sun is the shown on the baby. That means Mom Shaeleigh, the starter, hidden eye Serenity is hiding behind Crystal Sun. So that means Serenity has to be recessive to Crystal Sun.

So Serenity has been narrowed by 8 eyes. Serenity is between Crystal Sun and Ice Crystal.
just because I thought those who like Serenity might be interested, Shaeleigh had a child with Key Lime shown and her hid Serenity hid.

[Image: 2a430120e6abc44b3d059d9e905e84ce.png]

Dad shows Key Lime
As above we know Mom hides Serenity

As proven Crystal Sun is dom to Serenity so it is no surprise Key Lime shows as Key Lime is dom to Crystal Sun.

[Image: 344b816ea5c19b166c21fdfca9fc13e0.png]

Ody Sublime/Light Wash brought out Dusky's hid Serenity from his mom Shaeleigh.

This proves Serenity is recessive to Key Lime. I just thought it was worth showing Key Lime because the Crystals are lumped together and it frames it within the Crystals nicely.
First test mating of Serenity x Ody Burst produced Ody Burst shown eye on the kitten. I've unpacked her at the Saga project for testing to determine if she hides Serenity or not.

Second test kitten for Ody Burst x Serenity eye color (from a different set of parents) is on the ground and unpacked.

Again, Ody Burst is the shown. Will have to wait to test pull the hidden recessive on these kittens for proof, but it's encouraging to see the same shown eye repeatedly.

[Image: QZis0d4.png]

Since Serenity is already proven Dominant to Ice Crystal, if it falls recessive to Ody Burst it should then be placed. Keeping paws crossed. Smile
yay! keeping both paws crossed! Can't wait and we'll know were Serenity is! Captain Mal will be so happy! Also Happy, I'm just wondering on the tail. You got Posh which is proably Fall's hid. That means Platty hides Posh or something more recessive. Just wondering what since it's possible it's the starter's hidden tail.
Cello's side of the pedigree I've bred for a while, so know most of the hiddens that could resurface. But Platty was a new purchase. Looking at his pedigree... one paternal grandparent was a costumed starter, and the Plush tail (Platty's shown tail) likely came from his maternal grandmother... so not sure yet what he hides for tail trait, aside from that it has to be either Posh or more recessive. Always fun to eventually uncover those mysterious hiddens.
Well, tonight one of my Ody Burst x Serenity pairings tossed me a Serenity eyed kitten. LOL
So unpacked and will test that one also, though my gut feeling is it is hiding Dry Olive... but we won't know until one or more of the kittens reveal their hidden recessive eye color(s).
Yay! a sandwich testing!
8/23 update -- So far, out of four Serenity x Ody Burst Test kittens produced, I've had the following results:

I have had an Ody Burst eyed Test kitten reveal the wrong hidden eye color,
a Serenity eyed Test kitten reveal the wrong hidden eye,
and an Ody Burst eyed Test kitten that produced Ody Burst eyed offspring two weeks in a row.

I'll continue to try to draw the hidden eye color out of that stubborn Ody Burst eyed one.
I've unpacked the fourth Test kitten, this one with Serenity eye shown. He's currently two days old, so it'll be a couple weeks before he might reveal anything.

Next week, I will re-partner one of the original Serenity x Ody Burst pairings and work on producing more Test kittens.

I'm not giving up until this eye is placed. If anyone happens across some pedigrees in the mean time (that show a definite D/r relationship between the Serenity and Ody Burst eye colors), please, please do share. Wink
Awww, I know that feeling well! Yay for your determination!
8/30 update:

Third week for my little Ody Burst eyed test kitty to throw back his Ody Burst eyes on his kitten. Beautiful kitten though. LOL

So he goes another week to try again.
Fourth test kitty with Serenity eye shown will drop a box later in the week.
And another Ody Burst x Serenity pairing gave me a fifth test box to work with -- this most recent one w. Serenity eye showing. Smile

Kayla and I also partnered another pairing of Serenity eye x Crystal Clear, to hopefully confirm the other end of this placement.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's