KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: The good and bad abouth Kittycats Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People might think I stop breeding Kittycats for some while, but I never did. I happend to see the post below mine were people starting to fight with eachother. I have no idea what happend, and I rather stay out of it! Why do I write this post.. well that haves everything to do with the fact I left the kittycats community my self.

The reason I stoped being around others, is exacly the reason below. People bully, being mean.. talk behind backs.. Killing names from other good breeders and or even kill markets! I dont wanna point fingers.. I dont wanna tell story's! I am asking WHY! Why are we here.. What are we doing.. what are we supose!! to do here.. Having fun! Breed great cats! Thats what kittycats is abouth! Being a community!

Think about what community means.. Hate me for this post.. Love me for this post.. I just wanna wake up this community! I am online to smile.. I am online to have some free time of work.. Daily things in real life you just wanna forget for a moment as worries!

For what reason do you come online?...

Since the day I left the community and start breeding by my self
I felt a lot better.. No more sadness!
I give everybody something to think abouth..

Hi Evely!

These threads come up every once in awhile.

Maybe I just manage to avoid this soap opera stuff by sheer luck!!

But at far as the KittyCatS community is concerned, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

Not gonna say I haven't been forced to do the 'eye rolling' thing,

but nothing to make me reach for a bottle of bourbon to drown any sorrows.

Well... maybe reach for a bottle of bourbon for the hell of it!!

Your second life should always be more entertaining than your first.

And if some griefer messes with you, run them over with your fake car!

Evely
Its unfortunate that in any community especially one as large has KittyCats! that there will be drama. I for one was sad to see your market close.
I agree wholeheartedly that people should just get along and have fun because thats what breeding cats is all about.
This forum is for our community to share the great things about it not for people to attack each other.
People also need to remember that this is a large community where 95% of the people are completely unaware of the battles going on between a few people and are here to have fun and don't wish to be drawn into it.
People need to grow up and act like adults rather than resorting to childish playground tactics.
Hugs
I am sorry you have had such bad experiences. Winter has the best advice of anyone, just run them over with your fake car! rofl

I've met lots of jerks and lots of great people. I'm sure some thought I was a jerk and others thought I was a good person. I've met people I thought were jerks at first and turned out to be wonderful.

Not everyone is wired to click together. But that doesn't mean you give up on finding good people you click with.

You have the right and the choice to ignore the bad and embrace the good. In a community this large there will be a lot of both. Unfortunately it's not going to change. In a perfect world everyone would get along, there would be no wars, the sun would always shine and this darn snow would MELT! But it's not a perfect world even in SL and people are not perfect. We just have to accept that and embrace what makes us happy.

I choose to laugh at most drama. And for some drama I stand up for what I believe in or let the others have at it. lol If I don't know what's going on then it's none of my business and move on.

You should never empower others to ruin your fun or dictate your life. (unless you're hurting puppies, kittens, or children then I draw the line)
hi,

i just want to chime in here about community.

it's not easy at times to live with people. OR ourselves for that matter. we all have good days and bad days, days we feel happy, days we feel miserable, sometimes it's moments of feeling good, then in an instant we can feel horrible, get angry, hurt, only to moments later (or hours) laugh, smile, carry on.

life is full of a bunch of people with a bunch of different backgrounds and moods, and experiences. as we go thru our days we interact, and at times it's great, others it's more of a challenge. we can hurt others without meaning to, and be hurt by others who mean NO harm at all.

it is pretty amazing that with all our differences, that we actually get along pretty well overall.

in the KC community, i am constantly amazed at the stories i hear of kindness, caring, giving, creativity and people helping each other. in the past 4 years, we've had very little drama for such a diverse community.

overall, i think we have one of the best communities i have ever been a part of in ANY life. i feel honored to be in it with you all.

i've learned to love and accept people who i would probably have not even hung out with because of sl and kitty cats. Smile

even with close friends, there can be fights and disagreements... and hopefully a lot of forgiveness and understanding.

i'd keep looking for the good and believing the best because when we do that we DO find that! Smile when we look for the worst, we can find that too, in others AND in ourselves.

so... take heart, give, reach out, and keep going. know that EVERY PERSON has battles in their life we know NOTHING about... NOTHING.. and sometimes those who annoy us most can be fighting something in their lives, that if we knew, we'd have a LOT more compassion for them.

i am thankful for those who have stood by me in my hard times when i am less than nice and pleasant. Sad

hope some of this makes sense. i love this community and think the world of you!!!
I do think it is a great community. A friend of mine had to move in RL and due to not being able to get online regularly to feed her kitties, gave up her live cats. So I volunteered to get them adopted out. She had over 40 cats that had to be adopted out and they were all sick (5 days to recovery). I was worried but the first person I asked adopted 3 cats, the famous Corporal Cosmic with his starship sickbay that he nurses cats to health in. He told a couple people. One person, Charles, adopted the majority because I mentioned that since they were older people might menagerie them once they hit 120 days. He took genesis fur ones to save them from the menagerie. He wanted to find people who would adopt the kitties and promise not to menagerie them. The teacup genesis one, he already had in mind for a child avi. The other lady took 3 kitties (our secret, lol). and my friend Jhanelle adopted 3 kitties. I adopted 6. I was surprised at how quickly it happened, within four hours of my reaching out, all the kitties had homes. I know the kittycats are not real, but it is still heartwarming how quickly people stepped up to help get them adopted even though they were sick and a lot of them were over 80 days old.

I know there are fights, arguments, grudges, misunderstandings. It is difficult in such a huge community for everything to be perfect. Especially since we don't all speak the same language. some people rely on the translator and the translator works ok but it makes mistakes. We have different cultural mores even when we live in the same country -- on this international scale the difference in cultural more is multiplied. Something that is ok to say in one culture is a massive insult in another. Still it's the first community in SL that I have made friends in that is deeper than just the SL event we are doing like a hunt (most of my SL acquaintances before this were activity oriented) and I am having a great time (mostly -- a few snags here and there but that is to be expected--mostly due to the fact that I am broke in RL, had to quit my RL job due to family circumstances and really would love to have more kitties but can't, sighs, which means for now, going to auctions lately has been window shopping). Sorry I have a little virgo in me so can't say a compliment without balancing it -- every yin has a little yang. Still I can say 100%, no holds barred, I feel very lucky to be part of the Kittycats community.
I wholeheartedly agree with Kayla, some of the friendships I have made through Kittycats! are the closest and deepest I have had in SL and totally transcend Kittycats!
This is an awesome community, long may it propser.

(03-16-2015 04:33 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]I do think it is a great community. A friend of mine had to move in RL and due to not being able to get online regularly to feed her kitties, gave up her live cats. So I volunteered to get them adopted out. She had over 40 cats that had to be adopted out and they were all sick (5 days to recovery). I was worried but the first person I asked adopted 3 cats, the famous Corporal Cosmic with his starship sickbay that he nurses cats to health in. He told a couple people. One person, Charles, adopted the majority because I mentioned that since they were older people might menagerie them once they hit 120 days. He took genesis fur ones to save them from the menagerie. He wanted to find people who would adopt the kitties and promise not to menagerie them. The teacup genesis one, he already had in mind for a child avi. The other lady took 3 kitties (our secret, lol). and my friend Jhanelle adopted 3 kitties. I adopted 6. I was surprised at how quickly it happened, within four hours of my reaching out, all the kitties had homes. I know the kittycats are not real, but it is still heartwarming how quickly people stepped up to help get them adopted even though they were sick and a lot of them were over 80 days old.

I know there are fights, arguments, grudges, misunderstandings. It is difficult in such a huge community for everything to be perfect. Especially since we don't all speak the same language. some people rely on the translator and the translator works ok but it makes mistakes. We have different cultural mores even when we live in the same country -- on this international scale the difference in cultural more is multiplied. Something that is ok to say in one culture is a massive insult in another. Still it's the first community in SL that I have made friends in that is deeper than just the SL event we are doing like a hunt (most of my SL acquaintances before this were activity oriented) and I am having a great time (mostly -- a few snags here and there but that is to be expected--mostly due to the fact that I am broke in RL, had to quit my RL job due to family circumstances and really would love to have more kitties but can't, sighs, which means for now, going to auctions lately has been window shopping). Sorry I have a little virgo in me so can't say a compliment without balancing it -- every yin has a little yang. Still I can say 100%, no holds barred, I feel very lucky to be part of the Kittycats community.
Reference URL's