KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Giving or Selling a cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, My daughter has 3 cats that she can't take care of at the moment and I told her I would take them and care for them until she can. How does she go about giving her kitties to me? She has a FireStorm Kitty, A SL 10th Birthday kitty and a free starter kitty that came with the Firestorm kitty. Two of them are currently sick. Thanks for any help!
If I recall correctly, all three of those are No Transfer.

To give/sell No Transfer cats, such as those, she will first need to convert each to a Perma-Pet by purchasing one kit for each. The kits are available at the KittyCatS Main store.

It won't matter if they're sick; the kit should make 'em hale and hearty anyway.

The cost of the kit varies based on age. The price is slightly lower for cats in excess of 120 days of age. So, if she has any still in the box, she could save some money by birthing them and leaving them, without food, in her Cattery or inventory for four months or so.

Frankly, with the excessive cost of a kit, even for elder cats, I'd simply send the cats to her Cattery (so they can't get lost in inventory) and forget about them.
*nods* The Firestorm kitty doesn't need food and will never get sick. She can just take it out and play with it whenever she is able. No reason to worry about it at all.

For the other two, if the issue is affording food, Perma-Petting them is much more expensive, but after you do that, they no longer need to eat and won't get sick, just like the Firestorm. (But they will no longer be able to breed.)

She could also just feed them for 7 days to get them better (or buy a special "vitamin"), whether they've been sick several days or many weeks. Also, turning off breeding will mean they eat 1/2 as much food.

If she has any in boxes, my advice would be to just leave them in boxes until she can take care of them. The offspring of the free kitty and birthday kitty should be transferable so she could try selling them, but they likely won't be very valuable.

Good luck & I hope this helps,

M
Clarissa, they can't die, even if they get sick, so it does not matter. She can take them to inventory and leave them there until she wants to retrieve them, and then give them medicine. Alternatively, you can buy food for her and rez it in her SL house, setting it to "Parcel/anyone" so her cats can eat it (assuming her cats are rezzed on her land, near the food dish)
(03-12-2015 10:46 AM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Clarissa, they can't die, even if they get sick, so it does not matter. She can take them to inventory and leave them there until she wants to retrieve them, and then give them medicine. Alternatively, you can buy food for her and rez it in her SL house, setting it to "Parcel/anyone" so her cats can eat it (assuming her cats are rezzed on her land, near the food dish)

*nods*

Also, FYI - food is NOT transferable, but there are a variety of settings for it, and the sales reps at the KittyCat store can help you decide the best way to set it up.

Also they do not need milk, so don't let that confuse you. It's only to help increase their love so that they can breed faster, and cuddling them for 30 minutes a day has the same effect. If they are younger than 7, older than 120 days or perma-pets, they won't drink it at all.

Is any of this helping?
(03-11-2015 10:53 AM)Clarissa Seerose Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, My daughter has 3 cats that she can't take care of at the moment and I told her I would take them and care for them until she can. How does she go about giving her kitties to me? She has a FireStorm Kitty, A SL 10th Birthday kitty and a free starter kitty that came with the Firestorm kitty. Two of them are currently sick. Thanks for any help!

some kittens that you mentioned, are not transfer, and one in particular (firestorm) do not need food.

But there is thousands of arms in KC community ready to take care of your kittens. if you decide to donate.
Sorry it took so long to get back. Yes all the answers helped a lot! What we chose to do for now is for her to just put the kitties on my land and I'll feed them. Thanks every for all the help!
Glad it will work out for you!
Glad we could help. Smile
Reference URL's