KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Onyx Eyes! Post your evidence here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You found, Onyx Eyes in your started?

Use this topic to post your evidence in relation to the trait Onyx Eyes.

We all appreciate your help!

? Mr. Cat - Dominance Order Traits - Kitty Cats

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]

Thanks for starting this thread Fabao
Are these pedigrees telling me that Onyx is recessive to Exotic Breeze and dominant to Dry Olive? I thought I'd read that Onyx was the most recessive eye.

My first try:
[attachment=3091]

The second try, same parents:
[attachment=3092]

Since the mother is showing Onyx, it seems the father's pedigree is of more interest:
[attachment=3093]

Can't tell if the Insert Into Post button is doing what I thought it should Smile
The pedigree pix work good for me! And dry olive is the most recessive eye according to Sagas charts and my experience in my own cattery LOL, I was able to get an onyx hider to cough up the eye when I put her against a dry Olive.
I also remember hearing that Onyx was recessive to Dry Olive (and hence the most recessive eye). Thanks for posting this and clearing up my confusion!

I have two evidence for ONYX is dominant for DryOlive eyes.

Evidence 1: two kittens Onyx visible, send their hidden traits dryolive.

[Image: 7fb4b14fba9564bcd16127dfdbedbd9f.png]

Evidence 2: two kittens Onyx visible, send their hidden traits dryolive.

[Image: c975c004ce5f49c6b4d897eeaf007fdd.png]

hugs

So I bought the parents to this baby about a week ago and i wa ssurprised that their first kitten that i bred passed the onyx. Here's the pedigree
http://gyazo.com/c526775f6b072a7425235a9e48a8e1be
Onyx is dominant to Dry Olive. So mom passed the onyx. Onyx will always show if one parent passes onyx and one parent passes Dry Olive. You were lucky. My onyx baby I also paired with a Dry Olive. My onyx baby passed it's hidden Dry Olive so I got a Dry Olive baby.
Yes i realize that kayla, however when i ha dbought the onyx someone told me it was recessive to dry olive so I was a tad confused until i saw fabao's evidence that it's dominant to dry olive.
Reference URL's