KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kudos for some markets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Consider this a bit of a re-boot of the thread concerning providing Pedigree links ...

As I sit here, I'm dealing with calming down a crying wife because she walking into another fraudulent seller. Unfortunately, we can't name names because there are some who habitually make clearly fraudulent claims, and Charm, fully knowing the seller is usually guilty of fraud, simply forgot to check who was offering the cats.

So, once again, it's time to remind you to ALWAYS:

1) Check for clearly fraudulent claims.

2) Check the seller for those who are well-known for consistently making fraudulent claims.

3) If the Pedigree is not available, WALK AWAY!

4) Check the charts.

5) STOP! Recheck the Pedigree to be sure you're not mis-reading the FACTS as well as the claims.

My kudos: Some markets have started to institute rules against clearly misleading and fraudulent claims.

More power to them!

They should broaden the rules. At present the rules only apply in limited areas instead of the entire market area.

And all those market owners who do not have such rules should adopt them.
Hugs Charms Heart
I am so sorry to hear about this! This is exactly why I started the "Enable Pedigrees" thread, because it is just SO important to know about the background of the cat that you're wanting to put into your breeding program. I wholeheartedly agree that market owners should do more about sellers making false claims. Yes, sometimes breeders do not know ... but at the same time, that's why we have forums and groups so that we can consult with one another.
(03-10-2015 10:01 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Consider this a bit of a re-boot of the thread concerning providing Pedigree links ...

As I sit here, I'm dealing with calming down a crying wife because she walking into another fraudulent seller. Unfortunately, we can't name names because there are some who habitually make clearly fraudulent claims, and Charm, fully knowing the seller is usually guilty of fraud, simply forgot to check who was offering the cats.

2) Check the seller for those who are well-known for consistently making fraudulent claims.

4) Check the charts.

5) STOP! Recheck the Pedigree to be sure you're not mis-reading the FACTS as well as the claims.

My kudos: Some markets have started to institute rules against clearly misleading and fraudulent claims.

More power to them!

They should broaden the rules. At present the rules only apply in limited areas instead of the entire market area.

hey Tad,

is an optimal list of observations.

I'll take some of these rules to my market.

thank you.
(03-10-2015 10:01 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Consider this a bit of a re-boot of the thread concerning providing Pedigree links ...

4) Check the charts.

More power to them!

Hi Tad,

first of all, great post....but

i meantioned it in your other post already. some ppl just dont know how to handle the pedigree links...yes there are new folks...so a WALK AWAY call for not activated pedigrees is not a nice way to welcome the new addicts. I suggest to FIRST IM the seller and see if you can get a pedigree or not...if they dont share...THEN you can WALK AWAY.

At FelineS KittyCatS (my KittyCatS Market) we didnt had the situation yet that someone false advertise. so there was no reason yet to include such a rule. But yeah..since you blame now all markets without that rule we offcourse happily will add that rule...

I can understand that you are upset about such false advertiser. i have seen them on several markets aswell but as you mentioned already. Rechecking with Sagas Charts and even asking other breeders/sellers is the best way to make sure you get what you want.

Kind regards,
Julia Merosi

*edit* officially added the rule.
Reference URL's