KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New Tranquility Eyes! Post your evidence here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You found, Tranquility Eyes in your started?

Use this topic to post your evidence in relation to the new trait Tranquility Eyes.

We all appreciate your help!

? Mr. Cat - Dominance Order Traits - Kitty Cats

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]

[/size]

I have evidence to Tranquility Eyes, Between 'Exotic Breeze' and 'Dry Olive' eyes

Evidence 1: Tranquility Eyes, recessive for Exotic Breeze eyes, hiding in kitten valentines

[Image: 12c24e8520d4872cc99773f95c528886.png]

Evidence 2: Tranquility Eyes, dominant for Dry Olive eyes, hiding in kitten valentines

[Image: a3d7dccb3d38ac4d254724029709fb3a.png]

that's good to know that it is between Exotic Breeze and Dry Olive. It is a pretty recessive eye.
(03-16-2015 03:55 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]that's good to know that it is between Exotic Breeze and Dry Olive. It is a pretty recessive eye.

Kayla,

we need to develop the graph for FUR and EYES. What do you think?

hugs

Fabao

(03-17-2015 01:46 PM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote: [ -> ]Kayla,

we need to develop the graph for FUR and EYES. What do you think?

hugs

Fabao

Yes, I do think it is a good idea to do another fur/eye chart.

I had to think about this a bit because I really love Saga's charts and depend on them a lot. I also use your chart and depend on them too. I really like having two charts to check. More recently I also use the index for newer stuff that still show a range.

It is good to have more than one chart for 3 reasons

A. if one website goes down for whatever reason, the other chart is still available. IE, there is a backup chart

B. Saga's chart probably has a core group of breeders that they depend upon. Also some breeders are more comfortable sending email and attachments. With your charts, I think it will be some breeders who send to you charts but also it is on the forum so it will appeal to people who are more comfortable posting pedigree images online and not using their email. I think on the forum, we can also send out an appeal to narrow something down. The two groups would have two different ways to submit proof and that is a good thing.

C. I also like the forum way of public submission because it helps newbies to learn how to read charts as they figure out the new traits they find. So the forum is also a teaching tool.

I also think we should work with Saga's folks and once we have definitive proof of final dominance/recessive standing, someone can email them the link to the thread with the proof. Together we should be able to narrow the range of furs/eyes faster and that is a very good thing.
I think Charles and Wendi watch the forum. Sometimes proofs have been posted publicly and the Saga charts have been updated within 24 hours. Not that one shouldn't send them an official notice.
I am not so sure they are watching the threads, Ivy. Some things are pretty close in timing for posting here and changes on the Saga chart. Other times things get posted here and don't show on the chart. It could be they are getting proofs around the same time for some traits. One example is Twilight Eyes. I put up a chart on the forum showing Twilight eyes is dominant to Tapestry Royale on 2/15/15. Twilight eyes is not showing on Saga's chart yet even in the notes. I have not sent them an email because the range did not seem narrow enough. I have sent them an email in the past proving something and it took about a month before it showed on the Saga chart. Since they are volunteer, it could be they are backed up. With Aussie Light Chocolate when it was narrowed down on the thread, Saga's chart reflected the same information within a couple days. This variance makes me think it depends on whether they are getting emails or not. I've seen a lot of things show up on Saga's chart that don't even make the threads.

This is another reason why I think a 2nd chart would be good. With double the input, I think updates will happen faster on both charts because there will be double the information flow. Saga's charts does have a good system that works and the volunteers work hard. Their system is email and 2 different proofs. It's a good system of proof and verification which explains their pretty high reliability rate and they can store the attached charts if they need to show the proof. But another system of bringing in proofs would be a good thing. I really like the forum and prefer it over email because of it's being publicly visible -- it is a great teaching tool. Plus the social sharing aspect of it. We don't see the charts sent to Saga's charts; on the forum, anyone can see the charts. I like being able to see the charts. The only bad thing on the forum is that some of us are using free sites to take and store pictures -- sometimes those sites change policies and suddenly pictures on those sites disappear which mean charts can disappear. So it's not as good a way to store charts as receiving attachments. The two ways to submit have their own pros and cons.
(03-20-2015 06:31 AM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]I am not so sure they are watching the threads, Ivy. Some things are pretty close in timing for posting here and changes on the Saga chart. Other times things get posted here and don't show on the chart. It could be they are getting proofs around the same time for some traits. One example is Twilight Eyes. I put up a chart on the forum showing Twilight eyes is dominant to Tapestry Royale on 2/15/15. Twilight eyes is not showing on Saga's chart yet even in the notes. I have not sent them an email because the range did not seem narrow enough. I have sent them an email in the past proving something and it took about a month before it showed on the Saga chart. Since they are volunteer, it could be they are backed up. With Aussie Light Chocolate when it was narrowed down on the thread, Saga's chart reflected the same information within a couple days. This variance makes me think it depends on whether they are getting emails or not. I've seen a lot of things show up on Saga's chart that don't even make the threads.

This is another reason why I think a 2nd chart would be good. With double the input, I think updates will happen faster on both charts because there will be double the information flow. Saga's charts does have a good system that works and the volunteers work hard. Their system is email and 2 different proofs. It's a good system of proof and verification which explains their pretty high reliability rate and they can store the attached charts if they need to show the proof. But another system of bringing in proofs would be a good thing. I really like the forum and prefer it over email because of it's being publicly visible -- it is a great teaching tool. Plus the social sharing aspect of it. We don't see the charts sent to Saga's charts; on the forum, anyone can see the charts. I like being able to see the charts. The only bad thing on the forum is that some of us are using free sites to take and store pictures -- sometimes those sites change policies and suddenly pictures on those sites disappear which mean charts can disappear. So it's not as good a way to store charts as receiving attachments. The two ways to submit have their own pros and cons.

First of all, I want to praise Graphical Saga. Helped and help many people. It was an important milestone for the KC community.

Also Kayla, I can report the same problem, but at the time, Liriel was in control. As I had evidence to Abyssinian Dark recessive to Siamese Tortie, and it took more than four months for the update.

Some of the people playing KC-based design. Cute cats, color combinations, Trats. Others, like to play KC, discovering and working traits, testing.

I am a miner's traits, and like to play KC this way. I could not take another path unless develop my own chart, and also open for all help, posting on forums, nothing hidden.

I work two years directly with kittens started. I have almost all the latest traits, pure in my cattery. All work for the evidence to be easier, once I even build many of them, and I do not need to go back 10 generations to discover something.

Even though many try to denigrate this work, the most important is to be useful in the community. And I'm happy to help the community in this way. and more happy to see people helping and posting the pedigrees.

and a special thanks to Kayla, who has created new posts, and looked the pedigress, helped a lot. a special hugs

Thank you all. Keep posting your pedigrees.

and, yes we will develop a graphic for fur, and eyes.
will be fun

I have evidence to Tranquility Eyes, Between 'Onyx' and 'Dry Olive' eyes

Evidence 1: Tranquility Eyes, recessive for Onyx eyes, hiding in kitten valentines

[Image: 448622ada8eceb316fb5f0cba8d53a04.png]

Evidence 2: Tranquility Eyes, dominant for Dry Olive eyes, hiding in kitten valentines

[Image: a3d7dccb3d38ac4d254724029709fb3a.png]

This places Tranquility eyes as the second most recessive!

good stuff fabs ... thanks for the work!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's