KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Houdini Cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My cat lives in my small house, which is a former lighthouse. Her range is a bit larger than the ground floor of the lighthouse. When I'm online and at the house she stays inside as she should, but when I log in or teleport in and she's awake she could be anywhere in her range. She's frequently outside despite the closed door, and sometimes she turns up places she couldn't possibly have gotten to by walking - under the house, inside the fireplace (fortunately not lit) and once my partner accused me of putting her in a closed cedar chest when she'd somehow gotten in there her ownself. These are places she can't get OUT of after rezzing, and sometimes she's difficult to find at all. This problem could solved by having her rezz in the last position she was when she was awake, or having her simply always rezz in her home spot.
I've given up on wondering how our cats get outside, seeing as they are stuck half inside walls most of the time anyways...
My cat does the same thing. I have to log in on another viewer to find him. I have no idea where he gets to - I log in, he's sleeping. I leave and walk around, come back, he's gone. His range is set to about 7m, but according to Radegast, he's 33m away from his Home position.

EDIT: Okay, this time, he's over 1000m away. I'm guessing he fell out of my skybox. v_v
Okay, this morning she'd gotten out and I finally found her underwater. Could KittyCatS please provide a free HUD or object that would simply teleport a single cat to its home? I've got one aging cat and I love her but I don't see paying $599 for the HUD just to do this.
hi all Smile

This problem has been mentioned a few times, however there is not a lot we can do there. SL physics simulation is not perfect, and while in theory a physical object never can move trough an other non phantom object, SL will let it happen frequently anyway.

It may even happen that lag causes their scripts to not respond in time to turn of their physics while moving, making them go out of range and still pass the wall, even if the wall is not inside their range.

Its one of the reasons why we did choose to make cats teleport home when they need to sleep, so they at least return at that point to where they should.

Regards
KittyCatS
Reference URL's