KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Skelton is born!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Waiting for the little one... Serihilde (Momma) on the left... Matzah on the right:

[Image: 16566128736_ec8dbc2245.jpg]

[Image: 16405133020_a41ca62272.jpg]

? SKELTON

[Image: 15972637033_e6f00465bb.jpg]

? 0 days ? 0% ? 97% ? 87% ?? 1%

Fur: Abyssinian - Ruddy
Eyes: Morning Glory (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Boo Boo
Ears: Pointed Soft Fold
Whiskers: White (Shape: Frazzled)
Size: 12 cm (4.7 inch)

He'll make a fine "red hat".... Big Grin
Congratulations on the birth of Skelton.

Hey, wasn't Clyde and Serihilde having an affair in Sick bay. I think Matzah is much better partner material as long as he doesn't have to confront a space monster.
Seeing if I can keep this kitty-drama straight...

Matzah is the first "crew kitty" I had. She was born the day I began working on the USS Tarkus, and is now well over a year old.

I originally rescued Bartoli and Serihilde from a batch of 12 sick, neglected kittycats, as part of my funny little story idea of "Matzah's Rescue Mission." Bartoli was adopted out, and I decided to make Serihilde a "crew kitty," giving her a blue hat.

A few days later Clyde, Bonnie and Aurelius were rescued (from the same batch of 12 sickies as Bartoli and Serihilde)... I decided to revive Clyde as a red-hat kitty, to make the "kitty crew colors" complete.

I had not been thinking about "kittycat fertility" since the only kitty I have had via CorpCosmic was Matzah, who was far past breeding... and, surenough, as soon as I had Clyde to health, I ended up with a kitten box aSesame at my feet... Serihilde had obligingly dropped her there while I was working on some "crew kitty photos" for the wall. Serihilde and Clyde where nowhere in seen. Matzah was sitting a short distance off staring at me, am very sure if pixelpusses could think at all she was thinking, "You stupid "sh!t!" I was on a bad wi-fi connection at the time, and froze up and crashed before I could retrieve the box properly. When I could properly return, Sesame had been born. I immediately turned "breed" off of Clyde, Serihilde, and sick Aurelius.

2 days or so later, a wonderful "adopter" came by, and gave new for all my "ginger kitties" - Bonnie (still sick), Clyde, and kitten Sesame. This left poor Aurelius as the only sick kitty, and I decided he could join the kitty crew, replacing Clyde as a "red hat kitty."

Curious about breeding now - but not wanting to get into mass-quantities of kittyboxes - I activated both Aurelius a Serihilde's breeding. Auri was immediately at 2 hearts, and Serihilde was set to recovering her lost Love points until finally she came to 2 hearts as well, and without any delay she sent me an email while I was off-grid to let me know I had a surprise waiting...

...and, Skelton was born.

The next day a couple of ladies contacted me about adopting because they saw my forum threads and loved the idea - wanting to give a "rescue kitty" a home. They chose Aurelius when presented with Aurelius and Serihilde as the two "rescue kitties" I had available.

Now, Skelton is to become our new (and third in succession) "red hat kitty." I am considering building a proper space station/starbase in place of the USS Tarkus, and these kitties would have roam of the ship. My current ship door are manually "click" operated, but I have automatic doors that I believe activate when a kittycat passes near. Thus, the kitties would be able to roam the station from room to room as the doors open before them, giving "life" to the station even when others aren't around.
Wow, The ship has been very busy with guests, babies and sundry adventures.
Skelton's new hat...

[Image: 16433350979_a8f54603fb.jpg]
I'd love to see a Kitty run space station... just don't let the Kzinti know about that.
(02-24-2015 09:08 AM)Vain Adder Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see a Kitty run space station... just don't let the Kzinti know about that.

Well, up until now it's been the USS Tarkus, my starship project... it's funny you should mention space station though, because I decided to shift gears and begin on a station last night! So, you will be seen that soon enough, Vain!
Oh, you'll need to make sure your doors are set with collision rather than click, so your little physical kitties can run through. Wink
(02-25-2015 05:44 AM)Vain Adder Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you'll need to make sure your doors are set with collision rather than click, so your little physical kitties can run through. Wink

Yup. I learned that lesson via my Arik Metzger account... I had a "haunted old house" rezzed as an office of sort at a mock-up sim for Lovecraft Festival, and my avi was sitting at the desk. Fuzzbutt had his home set there, with a generous "wander range." He had disappeared, and I had no idea where he was, but I was working on some other things at the moment. After awhile I heard a door open, and looked and he came wandering in from outside. I had no idea that kittycats triggered "automatic door," so it amused me to see he had been outside somehow and let himself back in all of his own accord.

As for the Star Trek build, I had purposely set up with "click to open" doors instead of automatic "collision" doors for a reason, even though the Enterprise, etc., had automatic doors. But, I will be setting "collision" doors on the new build - not all doors; doors to private quarters and such will be "click to open"
That makes the most sense to me too... I can't wait to see the progress my friend.
Reference URL's