KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Setting Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently moved to a new skybox community and i have been trying to set my kittie's home location to my loft, however, when I drop her, she instantly poofs away to another part of the skybox community (still within the sim community but out of my own skybox). I never had this problem before when I lived in another skybox community. Any way to fix this or set her home without me having to drop her? Or any way to 'reset' her home?
Thanks for any help
drop as in cuddle? she's probably asleep and jumping home.

take her to inventory and rez her on your new skybox. that will set her home at the exact spot you rez her at.
(02-11-2015 04:26 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]drop as in cuddle? she's probably asleep and jumping home.

take her to inventory and rez her on your new skybox. that will set her home at the exact spot you rez her at.

Drop as in, drop her so she can walk around on her own and wander around within her range. She's awake when I drop her, but whenever I drop her, she jumps away to another spot on a different part of the sim that I can't get to.
So you mean rez from inventory.

Drop is the command used to stop cuddling and have the cat return to the ground. It does NOT set her home position. After a Drop you need to click on the cat and Set Home from the blue menu popup.

When you rez from inventory the cat should automatically set her Home to the exact location you released the mouse button over. Frankly, I never trust that even though I know it works fine, and do the Set Home (and Set Range) from the menu just to be on the safe side. I think Charm is the same.

Remember, when you Edit and move the cat, you will probably want to Set Home, then, too.

When a cat goes to sleep it attempts (usually successfully, but, occasionally, not) to warp-speed 'teleport' to its Home position.

When a cat is awake, and if allowed (by the menu) (which is the default) and not posed (menu, default, again) it will wander within its range. If that range is Sim or Parcel, the range can be quite large. So, again, Set Home and Set Range, just to be sure can help.

If you continue to have problems, file a Support Ticket and request a CSR help walk you though it.
Reference URL's