KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Tools To Keep Your KittyCatS Organised!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!!

I'm Guen, and I am new here! My SL partner gave me my first KittyCat as a birthday gift a month ago, and now we are looking into breeding them (which seems to have somewhat of a learning curve!)

My question is: Is there a tool many of you like to use to keep your KittyCatS organised, in terms of keeping a record of their traits, ancestry, etc. It's already becoming a pretty long Word doc with just a few cats, so didn't know if there was a better way!

Forgive me if that's a stupid and obvious question....newbie trying to learn!!Smile

*Hugs*,
*~ Guen
Hi Guen,

The pedigree page is your friend !

http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/

You can see your cats, their parents, grandparents & even further if previous owner(s) enabled it
and you can even write things down thanks to the "Notes" you have available for each cat.

Hikari Smile
(01-31-2015 07:38 PM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guen,

The pedigree page is your friend !

http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/

You can see your cats, their parents, grandparents & even further if previous owner(s) enabled it
and you can even write things down thanks to the "Notes" you have available for each cat.

Hikari Smile

Thank you so much!! I didn't realise so much detailed information was in there!!Smile It does appear to be my friend! Wink

*Hugs*,
*~ Guen

Its your friend when you study it and know whats going on in there.

But when you dont pay attention,

and toss together two kitteh that seemed like a good match,

and maybe get lucky and a megapuss shows up,

and then you wonder how you got them damn silver guitar whiskers on it,

and look at the pedigree at its mother,

'Winkydoo', with her nice bali cream fur,

and beach blue eyes, and SILVER GUITAR WHISKERS,

then you say... " WINKYDOO????? I MEANT DANDYLION!!!"

and find yourself stuck for another week,

THEN next week pedigree will be your friend! Wink
I use a the spreadsheet docs on google docs so I can see my hiddens easily too. On the pedigree page, there is also notes and you can put things in there like your hidden traits and your plans for the kitty.

Welcome to the Kittycats world! It's addictive and fun.
I was doing pretty good when i was using Excel. The Pedigree Chart is a amazing tool to see what you have in the Cattery and in World. But I do preffer the Cattery because when you click on a kitty box or the pedigree button on a live kitty it opens in a new tab. I am yet to figure out how to open a new window when clicking on a kitty on my peidgree page. and right click doesn't work either grrrrr. oh well. It on the to list.
If anyone knows how to open a new window when clicking on the pedigree page please let me know. I will Love ya for Ever and ever.
I Also liek Numbering the Boxes or putting codes in the names. it is time consumming but when you got a few locations and want to find a kitty box in world for your self or someone else it is good to know where that box is at in world. MS = My main Shop VG = Vygg MP = Market Place CV = Caspervend [I rarley put a kitty in My vendor but if i do i know where it is at]. Saves me a Huge head ache!!! instead of bouncing around trying to find a mate for a kitty I want to breed with a kitty that is purrfect for another.
Saga Charts As Well help me keep things organized. knowing what trait is Dom to another I'm able to orgainze my breeding plans way way better. |
Good Luck even with all i try I still just cant' get them organized. Maybe someday hehehehe But doign way better then when i started Smile Heart
You can always use the trait counter if you have issues counting the traits:

http://kittycats.slnetworking.net/

On the website there is also a link to the shop inworld where you can get the trait counting hud Smile
Personally I use the control hud inworld to keep track of my live cats and their stats and a combination of a spreadsheet the pedigree pages to track my boxes.
Other good tools are the dominance charts, there are 2 sets availeable, one by Saga covering all traits and one By Fabao covering all except eyes and fur. Both are good tools to use.
And just for info theres a forum post about who discovered what and when.
Reference URL's