KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Australian Mist -- Light Chocolate Recessiveness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't see this one on Saga's chart at all so this is another one we need to work on please.

Australian Mist -- Light Chocolate

I'll put up a couple charts below to get us started

Dominant to Foxie but there are a lot of furs dominant to Foxie

[Image: cd293113b46f007659343fa2af904456.png]

If it helps: the Aussie, his mom is a Foxie S&P and both her parents are Foxie S&P. I don't know if his mom hides anything because not my kitty.

I can talk you to death about Angelina because I've had her family for generations

Angelina's mom, Rosalyn, is a Foxie S&P. Rosalyn's mom is a Foxie S&P shown, the dad is a Foxie S&P hiding. Rosalyn has never showed me anything else so in all probablility is a double foxie S&P

Angelina's dad, Scruffy is a Foxie S&P. His mother and father are Coffee Chats with Foxie S&P hiding. Dad is confirmed Foxie S&P meaning I matched him to something more recessive once. Roma, his mom, had several Foxie children but I never matched more recessive so no absolute confirmation just strong probability.

So folks, there's the kickoff. Up to you now.
Charm has one from a pair of pandie flame, so it's provably recessive to Pandie Flame. i will do image when/if Iget to a computer I can do it on. That same box also indicates, as yours does, (but does not prove) dominant to S&P Mask

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2960]
Thanks Tad, that helps.

Here is what Saga's chart says about Pandie Flame (which is also new so needs to be nailed down)

Pandie Flame is dominant to Ocicat Cinnamon Silver - more info please.

And we have Aussie Mist is recessive to Pandie Flame and dominant to Foxie S&P
Light Chocolate Marble is dominant to Bali Cream, which I will show if I can figure out how to attach the image.

Barbara
thank you Barbara for the info on the Bali Cream re Light Choco Marble
I saw a chart at auction. Since it is not my cat and I didn't buy it, I cannot post the chart here as it wouldn't be right.

But I do feel I can talk about things without naming names. It narrows things down considerably and then maybe people can post pictures that narrow things down further.

Mom Brown & White Patch Tabby and Dad Foxie Red Mask had Baby Choco Mist

Brown & White Patch Tabby Mom had Brown & White Patch Tabby Mom and Choco Mist Dad
Foxie Red Mask Dad has same Brown & White Patch Tabby Mom and a Chateau 3 spot #1 Dad

Knowns
Foxie Red Mask is definitely recessive to Brown & White Patch
Both Foxie Red Mask and Brown & White Patch is recessive to Chateau 3 spot #1
So Foxie Red Mask is the hid of Brown &White or Chat

The rest is guesswork. Since Dad and Mom have the same mother, they could share 1 same hid
I am guessing Foxie is the hid for the Chat
And Choco Light is the hid for the Brown & white Patch which is why they bred half sibilings
Which would mean Choco Light is recessive to Foxie Red Mask. If it was dominant and both hids were thrown, you would see Choco Light and not Foxie

Since I have a Foxie Red Mask, I'll try to check it out and pair it with my Choco light after it has a baby. Then I can post a picture. Unless someone already has a picture to share.
another example of aussie mist chocolate marble being recessive to pandie flame, it seems to me to be coming from behind the pandie flame parent (but it's been a long week lol)

[Image: chocomarblecanhidebehindpandieflame-3.png]
Thanks Malayaa. Thanks also for posting in the Pandie Flame.
Another proof for you on Australian Mist - Light Chocolate Marble being dominant to Balinese Cream Lynx.

http://i.gyazo.com/5bf45be60d9f35a89629705c5964c615.png
Thanks Astrid for confirmation on dominance to Bali Cream
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's