KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: TWINS?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, my cats just had twins, and i've never seen this before, was wondering if any one had any info on it? some questions i have;
if i breed them am i more likely to get twins again?
are they attached to each other if i birth them?
how much are they worth if i sell them?
how likely is it for twins to appear?

there stats;

? ? New Born Kittens

Non Identical Twin:

Fur: Chateau Cat - Black & White No. 2
Eyes: Genesis Water (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Plush)
Size: Normal

Fur: Genesis - Domino III
Eyes: Odyssey Splash (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Guitar)
Size: Normal
Congratulations on your twins!
They are a fun surprise.

I think the answers to your questions are: breeding them again is Not more likely to lead to more twins. I mean, twins aren't even like the sizes which run at around 2% or 1% of all boxes. Twins are much more rare. In 16 months of breeding I've gotten 2 sets.

Once you unbox them they are just regular kitties. Kayleigh MacMillan, I know, has asked that there be some permanent way to mark that a kitten was a twin. So far it's just dressing them in matching collars or hats or teeshirts. (I got the WorldCup teeshirts for 2 of mine). Consequent to that, I don't know that they actually sell for any higher than a regular cat. They kind of are just regular cats. I think it's just meant to be fun. Perhaps someone else can chime in on the thread if they've sold a set of twins for higher than normal. People tend to not unbox them I think, and you'll see them displayed in shops in boxes, because once they're born you just can't tell.

As for frequency, I don't think we know. We might compare it to the appearance of gems. I know that in 16 months of breeding I've gotten 2 sets of twins. Now that's not really the right way of looking at it. One should count out of how many boxes bred rather than in months, but I don't know how many boxes I've bred. Perhaps others can chime in on how often with more precision.
no ifo but congratulations :-)
Reference URL's