KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: kitty hoarder has pangs at selling. You too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really don't know how people do it. Does anyone else ever get that feeling, "Man, this cat is special. Why am I selling this?" Does this feeling happen a lot?

For a year now, I've been breeding and mostly keeping my cats. I recently got addicted to going to auctions. So now I sell kittycats at auction to feed the addiction. (Had to quit job because mom was sick so otherwise wouldn't be selling kitties; more a breeder type person than a seller)

I am putting up a kitty for tomorrow but I keep staring at it. I handed in the notecard when it was boxed so the decision is made. I birthed the kitty to take pictures and found out I love the way it looks. I've been selling for a couple weeks and felt ok with it but feel different this time.

This time, I did an intellectual exercise to find a kitty with all retired traits: fur, eyes, shade, tail, ears, whisker shape. But now the emotions kicked in because I can see the real kitty. Sighs. It doesn't help that I don't have another kitty like it in the cattery because I dabbled in that eye for only a short time. Out of 1600 boxes, it is the only one I have like that. (Ok, so I'm a hoarder and I tried out a lot of combos. It is fun experimenting and seeing what I can make)

Anyways, I was just wondering. do you ever get that feeling too? the "why am I selling this?"

I used to hang em on the wall with an insane price tag on em'.

I figured nobody in their right mind would pay that price.

Then I would log in and see 5k in my bank account and go...

"OH NO, SOMEBODY MUST HAVE BOUGHT THE HELL-O-KITTEH TEACUP"

Regret regret regret.

If you find yourself with something cool, just keep it!
Salivates. I want to wake up and find 5k in my account. (LOL and still keep the hell-o-kitteh teacup). Why can't we have it all? And free kibble while we are at it.
I had to smile when i saw this. Yes Kayla, every time. I have to try and convince myself I can't keep them all! Trouble is i'm a hard person to convince. LOL
Winter, you're probably not going feel better about it until you Buy a Hell-o kitty Teacup or something comparable.

I have sometimes discovered that I had feelings for a cat after I put it out. I had a Toy aby Lilac, with Ody Carnival eyes, which wasn't supposed to happen in the breeding plan and I thought it was kinda a too strong combination so I put it out for sale, but for some reason it stuck with me in my mind as an individual. And when it did sell (after several months) my reaction was "Oh NO!" And my next step was to paw through my Cattery to see if I had the cats that could possibly produce that cat again. And I do. So now I'm hoarding some Aby Lilacs for some I-don't-know-when future breeding plan - knowing full well that ya know, Aby Lilacs with Ody Carnival are not likely to be a big seller.

More recently it was a Petite Copper Bengal with frazzie whiskers. Set him out and put him up front because I thought, he's cute, he'll sell. Then his dad aged out, without producing a boy for another line. I was actually relieved to retrieve him from the store because of his hidden whisker. That was really just an excuse though.
ok confession... i don't buy OR sell.. due to being an owner, etc.. AND i have so many cats i breed for fun and keep... even ones that are so so so old... like my russian whites with beach blue eyes and glitter lol...

i do the same thing!!! it's funny. like 'Oh no i can't get rid of this one, i may never have one again!" lol...

funny to read these stories. thanks for sharing them.
Sophiachacha, I agree with you, it is so hard to convince ourselves.

Omg, Ivy, that is exactly how I felt about this Russian Blue with Wild Odyssey eyes. I didn't think the eyes would work with fur so put in the notecard for the auction. (Once I put in the notecard, I feel it is unfair to change my mind) Once I birthed him, I thought wow he looks amazing. The eyes glowed against that fur. Totally surprised me. Please post a pic of the Aby Lilac with Ody Carnival eyes in here and the Petite frazzy bengal. I would really love to see them.

I agree with you Callie. Sometimes people don't realize how some of the older furs and eyes just really click together. and when you "oh no i can't get rid of this one, i may never have one again!" that made me laugh because that's exactly what I felt.
Mine did sell at auction. I was lucky it sold to a friend. So I am birthing a girl cat with those eyes so I can mate it to that boy cat so I can re-create him again. I don't have another like him. (This just makes me laugh.)
I do that too. I get emotionally attached to all of mine even when I know I have to sell them.

I have a budget. I can only have and do so much so there are times I just kind of have to suck it up and know that I can't keep them. It would be wonderful to be able to keep them all, but it would be impossible for me for the simple fact I can't NOT feed a cat and let it get sick. It breaks my heart even if they are a virtual kittycat. They are my furbabies! It is hard and I've even been in tears over it. I totally get it!
I so agree with you Ehcoe. I have to feed mine too. LOL, I never understood why people got into that feed the fish on the computer thing. Now look ... I have to feed the kitties.

Hmmm, maybe I can introduce my kitty to that fish. could save a day's kibble?
Actually there was a different fish game where you didn't have to feed them. El Fish. It was great. Breeding more and more complex fish. I think I had hundreds. If you wanted to watch it swim in a tank you had to have your computer do the animating which was SOOOO complicated it would take overnight to do it. Wow, the stuff we do in SL in the blink of an eye and don't even think about it amazing.

At your request, this is the Petite Bengal with blonde frazzies and a half-sibling, Gilbert and Galette. They are hiding dark brown chocolate Dreamy whiskers.

[Image: 10fvvw1.jpg]

The Aby lilacs are all still in boxes. I scroll past them in the Cattery and whisper, "Your time in the sun will come."
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's