KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Onyx Eyes on Pandie Fur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Meet Bisquit!
That is a fabulous combo!
Congrats on finding an onyx hidden in your Monster Gilroy!

Now the question is, is the onyx or the dry olive the most recessive. Onyx has been found to be recessive to Exotic Breeze. If this baby panda of yours has dry olive hidden behind the onyx, then you will have proof that onyx is between breeze and olive. If you have a double onyx (which is hard to prove), the onyx will be the most recessive. I am looking forward to hearing if your baby has olive hidden or not.
Its a Beautiful Kitty
can I ask how many times you had to breed that cat before you got the onyx
eyes to come out?
thank you
Super Cute!! Congrats!
From what I can see Kayla in my opinion I think it goes Grotto, Exotic Breeze, Onyx & Dry Olive. Terrormisu's mother kitty has the Dry Olive showing....the Father has a Genesis eye, and the box had the Onyx.

So I am thinking that the Onyx has to hide the Dry Olive, so to my way of thinking the Dry Olive has to be more recessive to the Onyx and that is why the Onyx showed.

Rheaven
Is there a chart that shows Onyx dominant to Dry Olive, Rheaven?

From Saga's charts
It is shown Dry Olive is recessive to Exotic Breeze.
It has also been established that Onyx is recessive to Dry Olive.
Dry Olive and Onyx dominance to each other is not shown on that chart.

In this box, Mama parents had Exotic Breeze and Dry Olive showing. Mom has Dry Olive. So hidden is Dry Olive or something more recessive.
Papa is a genesis starter.

Onyx shows.
If Onyx is dominant to Dry Olive than Onyx is from Papa, Dry Olive hidden is from Mama.
But couldn't it be if Onyx is recessive to Dry Olive, than you have Onyx hidden from Mama and Onyx passed from Papa?
It has certainly been asserted that Onyx is recessive to Dry Olive, but what Rheaven says makes sense to me.

Kayla Wrote:If Onyx is dominant to Dry Olive than Onyx is from Papa, Dry Olive hidden is from Mama.
But couldn't it be if Onyx is recessive to Dry Olive, than you have Onyx hidden from Mama and Onyx passed from Papa?

So in this case it would be helpful to go further back up Alumit's pedigree and see something about timing. Would it even be possible for Alumit's ancestors to be hiding Onyx? One would have to look and see how the Dry Olive got put into the line and if there was an opportunity for another recessive eye to have passed into the line at the same time.

Or one could just move forwards with more breedings and proofs from different cats.
I just wish I could see it. Usually it's either in the Saga chart (which means 2 proofs were submitted) or someone starts a thread in the Breeding section for people to post proofs. I was looking for the thread but maybe I missed it. I'll go look again.

It wouldn't really matter if it was recessive or dominant to Dry Olive to me. I still lust after the Onyx eyes. They're the only black eye out there.
What a beautiful kitty!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's