KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: What News?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently, I've noted a dearth of News from KittyCats.

KittyCatS Winterland is a link in the News posting about the Advent Calendar. But no mention of the displays or content. A lot of people worked very hard to put together the displays, but no mention.

In a response to a ticket, I was told everyone was very busy due to some 'expliot', but no mention of anything about it in the News. Charm says something went out warning people about something, but it was on the in-world chat. But no similar warning to those whose primary source of news is the web site.

We hear KittyCatS currently has a display at the RFL winter event. But no mention of it on the web site, and no SLURL link to it. Again, the information seems, to be going out in-world, with no mention on the web site.

KittyCatS traditionally is very good about getting the news out. But, it seems to me, that if something warrants an in-world chat notice, it also warrants taking a few seconds more to copy-and-paste to the web site.
Kittycats are not at rfl
I agree if it is not mentioned on the website I don't know it because groupnotices remain to be unnoticed.
I hear Tad speaking about things I really didn't know about as my source of news is the forum.
RFL is very important!
How can you guys not mention that?
I am seriously concerned about this tendency.

If KittyCatS! Is not on RFL I am even more concerned but that is an other story.
Tad is right if people work hard on a winter sim many know nothing about I consider it not as nice for the people who participated.
Group notices are completely unreliable. Sometimes they show up the next day. Often they don't show up at all.
Group chat simply doesn't work for many of us. Like just does. not. work. in a larger group like KittyCatS.
I happened to hear something about the exploit in chat in a much smaller kitty-related group.

But basically if it isn't in the forum, I don't see it or know it.
(12-09-2014 10:56 AM)Cutie Rau Wrote: [ -> ]Kittycats are not at rfl

Charm got something which indicated they were. The index boards have what looks like an official KittyCats logo. It's landmark giver with no landmark installed. A lot of the other givers also lacked notecards or landmarks. Dunno if they're there or not, but there is a sign out for them. ISTM they rarely (if ever) do the winter event, so maybe the sign is a holdover from the last one. Who knows.
I agree. I do tend to rely on the forum for news.
(12-09-2014 10:50 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Recently, I've noted a dearth of News from KittyCats.
KittyCatS Winterland is a link in the News posting about the Advent Calendar. But no mention of the displays or content. A lot of people worked very hard to put together the displays, but no mention.

I guess Winterland was for those "in the know" - first time I heard about it was today from you. And the voting was over Dec 7. Noticed some very intricate and original displays had about 60 votes, while others, nice but not as time consuming gathered over 160 votes. So don't expect to win unless you have a lot of friends to vote for you.

The next event to be announced should be the Holiday LE kitties for sale - and it should be soon so the offspring will be ready by Christmas. I'm still trying to coax out hidden traits from the Halloween ones. I've never had so many Genesis kittens as with them - just got another Zero trait Genesis box by breeding with my best 9T recessive trait cat. Hmmm, maybe it will sell for $2K on MP Smile
hey all!! i would like to take this opportunity to clarify on the above comments Smile

we sent multiple notices about the winterland sim and the amazing displays in our group. we use the group for most notices and encourage people to check notices to see if they missed any. they can be missed due to IM's capping so it's good to check them.

we post some but not all news on the forums, so really there was nothing about winterland being for those in the "know" Smile it's not a secret and is in the destination guide as well. the sim will be there til jan 7th so feel free to enjoy it!!! :

as far as RFL's winter breedable fair/expo, we are not in that. we did the big breedable RLF fair in the spring. this year the toys for tots fair was very close to the RFL fair this winter as well as our winter sim. keep in mind we get invited so so many events and with the ongoing growth of event popularity it would be impossible to be in them all and there are so many great events!!!

As far as voting on the winter display contest, we have a method of choosing the winner that combines a panel vote AND a community vote just to that to make it as fair as possible. both scores combined determine the winner not either or. this has proven to really work well for us and we implemented it after our first contest as we thought it would be more fair for all.

with that being said, thank you for the input and please do go check out the sim and the wonderful displays AND have fun!!! Smile

callie
Thanks Callie,

I did find 3 Notices in the KC Addicts group archives, the last one Dec 5 about the WinterLand Decoration Contest. I would never see the actual notice sent out though - they fade out after a few seconds in Firestorm, and I get over 100 notices every day - meaning I am clicking them out to clear them all the time, usually when I am busy.

I read this Forum offline everyday, when it is convenient for me, so this is a better place to put important Notices that I will see. I think others here are in my situation.

I will say the Winterland Sim is beautifully done and worth a visit or more while the displays are still there.
I'm rarely able to go in-world currently, having to rely on group notices some of the time doesn't help community members like me who have limited SL time nowadays. Sad

The news & events subforums provide a place for me to conveniently check out the latest KittyCatS happenings and helps me plan to log in-world to partake in any listed events that pique my interest. If something isn't posted on the forum, I'm 100% /not/ going to be "in the know" nor ever check it out as a result.

KittyCatS has always done an awesome job at informing community members through the forum and site blog. If this changes and KittyCatS considers omitting some updates/event posts from the forum in exchange for solely group notices for those events, please take my perspective into account as I'm certain that it won't affect only me.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's