KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: 100%??, same energy level and everything, but no baby.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I am a newbie here hoping someone can help me. 4 days ago, I partnered 2 cats when they reached 100%??, same energy level and everything. The only difference is their age: the female is ~40 days, the male is ~20 days old. They just won't make any kitty.

When I partnered my 2 other starter cats the last 2 times, as soon as they reached 100%??, they produced a kitty in only a few minutes.

What went wrong this time? Any advice please?

Thanks,
S
Check gender and that they're actually partnered with each other. If so, and both show double-hearts, try re-rezzing them. If you still don't get a box, file a support ticket asking for assistance.
I mentioned above that one is a male one is a female and such. Thanks for your reply anyways.
how far apart are they? I know I had 2 of my kitties partnered and they wouldn'tt make a box. I moved them to right next to each other and they made one. And I also have thought 2 cats that were partnered together weren't, they were partnered to different cats. So always double checking does help because sometimes we do make silly mistakes.
They are just next to each other. I am very sure that they are partnered. I even tried breaking their partnership (using the break-free thing from the shop), and repartnered them 2 days ago. I had also purchased the energy booster to bring their energy level to be the same...

Anyhow, 4 days of waiting, now day 5, seems like an eternity to me. I will try a few more things tonight, i.e. re-rezz them to a different parcel, re-partner..etc. If it still doesn't work, I will just give up on them and focus on the other kitties.

Thanks you guys for your replies, at least now I know that 4 days of waiting shouldn't be normal.
Waiting 4 days is definitely not normal.
What I do when they don't make a box within a short time, like 15 minutes, is:
Drop them next to each other and reset their homes, so "home spots" are adjacent.
Check that the parcel has space for another prim to be created. (World -- > parcel details)
Check that the cats are set to a group that is allowed to make a prim on your parcel. (For example, if I am wearing a "Texture Junction" tag when I pick up my cats, they may be set to that group ... so they won't make a box on a parcel that requires the "...@" group to rez.) One way to set their group easily: Wear the right group tag, then pick them up. You can look at them in "edit" and see what group they're set to, and change if needed.

Other trick: send them both to the cattery. They never fail to make a box in there.
(11-19-2014 11:00 AM)Sesen Wingtips Wrote: [ -> ]They are just next to each other. I am very sure that they are partnered. I even tried breaking their partnership (using the break-free thing from the shop), and repartnered them 2 days ago. I had also purchased the energy booster to bring their energy level to be the same...

Anyhow, 4 days of waiting, now day 5, seems like an eternity to me. I will try a few more things tonight, i.e. re-rezz them to a different parcel, re-partner..etc. If it still doesn't work, I will just give up on them and focus on the other kitties.

Thanks you guys for your replies, at least now I know that 4 days of waiting shouldn't be normal.

So did you finally get a kitten?
There is no need to partner in-world. If they are within range, of the opposite sex and both with 2 hearts, and in the same land group, they "should" make a kitten in less than 10 mins.
I've breed 2000 cats and never partnered them, once.

I had one stubborn pair - would not breed after an hour. I took them both to another sim where I had rezz rights, set them down on the roof, and they made a kitten in 2 minutes.
SL and KC servers are not perfect. Smile
Cats need to talk to the mothership, via the web. They do this periodically when in-world. They also do this when specific events occur. this includes:

- rez from inventory
- rez from dock
- changing prim mode
- wearing/cuddling and walking more than 10 meters into another region (sim)
- wearing/cuddling and teleporting to another region (sim)

other events, such are partnering, also cause communication with the mothership

Communication with the mothership is generally quite fast. But a number of factors can slow it down. Being a network connection, it can fail, eventually resulting in a timeout. When this occurs, the cats will re-attempt communications several minutes later.

When these events occur, and a box is due, the communication puts the cats in a queue for box production. It can take a bit for the mothership to work through this queue.

In general, it should take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes for a box to appear.

If this does not occur, FIRST check all factors listed in the FAQ. The either re-rez the cats or wear the proper group tag, cuddle them and teleport.

If none of these solve the problem, and it's been over 15 to 30 minutes since BOTH cats began showing 2 hearts, file a support ticket.

But remember, it is extremely rare that the factors in the FAQ are not the root cause of your problems!
I should have given a followup after my last message. YES!!! I finally got a kitty!!!! Here is what I did:

1. I re-rezzed both of them in the same parcel, waited a few minutes, no box.
2. picked them up, re-rezzed them in another parcel of mine in the same SIM, got a box within a minute!!! :~~~~)

I wouldn't have thought about re-rezzing them at another place without you guys help.

Love ya all! You are all sweethearts!!! xoxoxoxx
Reference URL's