KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: kittys keep disappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else having this trouble? I just filled two tickets today because my cats keep disappearing,first my megapuss and then about 3hrs later my bigger de big is missing.I know SL is going under maintenance soon,do think that might be the problem?
While it's possible for Second Life to loose you cats, the more likely cause is they're wandering off. If you're in a skybox, they could be falling. On the ground, they could be off somewhere doing whatever cats do when they go wherever they go.

Generally, lost cats are not really lost. If you wait 8 hours, they'll go to sleep and re-appear at their Home. Remember that cats Set Home where you rez them. So, if you rez one on the ground, then move it to a skybox (say, by editing their position), and you forget to Set Home up there, when your cats go to sleep, they'll (try to) move back to the ground when they go to sleep.

If you have a HUD (available for sale at the Main Store), you can find your cats and have them (try to) teleport to you or (try to) teleport to them. [This is how the CSRs usually find them, if they don't simply replace them for you.]

Otherwise, you can fly around using Firestorm's Area Search, and locate them.

Filing tickets is the right thing to do if you truly cannot find your cats. But, if it's becoming a persistent problem you probably are making a minor mistake like forgetting to set their Home after you move them.
I giggle at the part when you say" If you're in a skybox, they could be falling" because I am living in a skybox. The only thing I did yesturday was change my cats range to Parcel instead of 7 meters,with 7 meters they can usually wonder around my dinning room and it looks like I have to set reset my range to 7meters again. I still have there home set to their beds so if another ends up missing I'll try to what 8hrs.
Reference URL's