KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Eclispse - Memorial Project to my Real Life kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Memorials to my pets

Next on my list of Memorial cats is Eclipse. Let me tell you about her adoption. 12 years ago, wow how time flies! I was volunteering with a local no kill Feline Rescue called Attleboro Friends of Cats, Inc. I had the pleasure of doing all the photography and establishing a web presence for the organization that exists to this day.

It was the many rescue felines that I photographer that taught me how to love photography and what was important in a shot. Without them I would not be the photographer I am today. Each and everyone had something special to offer, a look in their eyes that I will never forget. The messages were clear when I was able to to focus through the lens and really see.

My boss sent me on a mission to another local rescue to pick up a few cats that were slated to be put to sleep at a municipal shelter. This happens all the time, city run shelters have to serve their cities and towns which means they have to keep taking in cats, they can not turn them away. So most of them have a time limit and other criteria for euthanasia. This particular one would put down ill cats, black cats and any cat that was there over 7 days. In this country 72% of all cats that enter a shelter are killed.
Due to overpopulation every 11 seconds a cat or dog is euthanized in the US alone! That is one ever 11 seconds! It is very frustrating to work for a shelter, you often feel like the little boy with his finger in the damn.

So there I was hoping to safe a few precious lives. The woman who worked their loaded me up with 8 cats....... my boss did not give me a hard and fast number but that is anther story for another time. I walked into one of the rooms and the ugliest scrawny little kitten with fur like a wire haired terrier stared me right in the eyes and mewed. I was lost.......... I had be owned. She came home with me.
Her story: she was found on the side of the road near the woods in the park, only 2 weeks old and dying. She was slated to be put down tomorrow at the ripe old age of 3 weeks old.
I was not looking for another cat, but this one found me.

When I let her out of the cat carrier while waiting for my boss to pick up the other rescued souls, she climbed up the couch around my head and onto my shoulder. She was still sleeping there when my boss showed up. I had been adopted and there was not much my heart could do about it. I loved her already.

We had a cat named Luna, a beautiful calico, long haired Cymric (Manx Longhair)
rumpie (meaning no tail bones at all) from the Isle of Man , another story. As Luna was mostly white, Clipsie (her first nic name) was mostly black. I learned she was a tortoiseshell colored Japanese bob tail. Her tail was the cutest ever being just a pom pom carried on her little behind. That scraggly wiry hair was to change as she grew into a plush pelt of velvet softness that had a dense short undercoat that was practically water proof. She loved water! I kept finding all the water dishes mysteriously spilled everywhere, sneaking and stalking one day I was to catch her in the act making waves in the bowl by hooking her claws on the edge and jiggling it just enough to watch the waves and the play of light upon the water. She also enjoyed the shower faucet being left drizzling into the drain and would often play then come cuddle me. I developed a habit of drying her with a towel often, and she loved the warm rubs.

She was once an amazing hunter and loved to go outside. Now at the age of twelve, some recent illnesses and with us moving she seems content to be an indoor lady that still loves to sit on shoulders. Oh did I mention she's my Reiki kitty? I suffer from CPTSD, fibromyalgia and chronic pain this cat comes to me every time I cry without fail, sometimes I have painful violent muscle spasms/contractions and she gets on top of me and does pushy paws. It seems to help. She has been doing it since she was a kitten. I do not know if it's physiological, spiritual or medical and I don't really care her Kitty Reiki soothes me in times of agony and loneliness and I am redeemed. Sometimes I wonder if it's like the bee sting therapy they use for MS patients. All I know is what she does with her loving heart and paws has gotten me through some of the most difficult days of my life for 12 years now and I adore Miss Clipsie PuffButt.

Can almost see her little puff, she won't let me take a picture , lols
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresofivylane/15791284872/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresofivylane/15604311038/in/photostream/

These are the stats I am looking for:

Clipsie (female)

If i could find this cat in a tiny or teacup I would just die!
in real life she is a shoulder kitty.

chateau cat 3 spot No. 2
shade natural
puff tail
green eyes large pupil : forest : grass: changing leaf: double dip flora
curious eye shape is fine
white whiskers omg the Curious ones are like hers, in real life I adore her little black lip and her magnificant whiskers!
Any poited ears

NOT ROUND EARS! NOT VAMPIRE! NOT Fold, or curl

I am working on a breeding project with two or three cats hoping to get the perfect memorial for Eclipse any advice, suggestion, support or breeders that fit this description are welcome and appreciated.
UPDATE: I had difficulty finding the exact kitty i wanted but with the help of some of you kind people I managed to learn enough to breed one! Than the kitty was kind enough to give me a petite model and a teacup for my shoulder! I couldn't be more happy or excited at the way this project progressed. Here are a few pictures. I called the petite one Eclipse her formal name and the shoulder kitty Clipsie her nick name.

[Image: 16100090083_7d38556379_n.jpg]

[Image: 16694140056_a8154d7d85_n.jpg]

[Image: 16533911769_25d5c1fc93_n.jpg]

[Image: 16512758937_5071f0aedf_n.jpg]

You can see her in world at : KittyCatz Showcase http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zo...192/54/517
If you click on her picture you can have a copy of her story.
That is the best story! So so glad you found her! Yippee
Wow, love the story. Great job on creating a kitty like her in SL
(03-06-2015 08:57 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, love the story. Great job on creating a kitty like her in SL

what is the signature box you have on your posts, how did you get it?

can i get one, how and where?

ty

Ivy
The little box is a beta from Script Hyun. I think the beta is closed but you can check with Hyun. There was a thread on it in general. Once the beta is finished, it'll be available generally.

I think it is totally cool. You get a little statue and if you have a baby born in the place with the statue, your signature box gets automatically updated to the new baby
(03-13-2015 03:10 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote: [ -> ]The little box is a beta from Script Hyun. I think the beta is closed but you can check with Hyun. There was a thread on it in general. Once the beta is finished, it'll be available generally.

I think it is totally cool. You get a little statue and if you have a baby born in the place with the statue, your signature box gets automatically updated to the new baby

Thanks for answering that! I had always wondered too! Very cool indeed. Tongue
Reference URL's