KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Will I only get males?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am a relatively new breeder, and am currently working with a male and female Siamese chocolate tortie. They just had their 4th baby and once again, its a male. My question is, are there some pairs who only produce a certain gender? I had another pair of cats who did this and I decided to split them up to other partners. But I really don't want to split these two because their fur is the most recessive.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks!
It depends. I have a pair that for 6 weeks, it produced all females. The 7th one, I got a male, but yes, you will get that when you are breeding a pair.
Actually the Aby Dark Chocolate is as I recall currently the most recessive Smile
And gosh the endless same gender sequences hit me strong too.
Lately it seems even worst.
I know this is only in my mind that way but they can actually toss either gender we have just bad luck.
The coin is flipped and ends up in either male or female I've seen much of the same side of the coin :-|
It's a 50/50 shot each time. You just had a run of bad luck.
It's like a coin toss each time they have a kitten. Heads it's a girl, Tails it's a boy, at random.

According to "science," it makes no difference whether you break them up or not -- that coin toss will always give the same 50 percent chance of making a boy, even if you have already gotten 11 boys from each of the parents. The 11 boys in the past will not give a better chance of 1 girl in the future. I've had kitties in the past that made, say, 11 males out of 12 kittens over its lifetime. Rare but ... it happens.

According to "un-science" -- gut feelings, superstition, lore, fantasy, and dreams, breaking them up might actually do something ... break a curse, un-jinx a jinx, or maybe make the partners a little "happier" with their mates. There really are times when ... you happen to create a pairing that is just "golden," where cats that used to make mediocre boxes are suddenly making stellar boxes after joining with their "soul-mates." At such times, it's hard to believe that a cat isn't "happier with its mate" than before.

It just all depends on how you feel/think about the kitties, whether to choose science or magic (or a combination of the two) as your guide.
I recommend hopping around your chair on one foot while chanting "Uma-Uma-Uma-Moo!" .. move clockwise around your chair for boys, and counter-clockwise for girls.

Don't trip!

Bad thinks happen when you tip. Like your kitties break up without making a box, choose a random mate, and give you dozens of Genesis Earth eyes. So be sure your real-life cat doesn't decide to come check out what the crazy human is doing now and ruin everything.

Oh, and I suppose it's good to remember it's best do this when you're alone. Unless, of course, you actually want the looks of concern because Mom's gone bye-bye.
(11-12-2014 09:49 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend hopping around your chair on one foot while chanting "Uma-Uma-Uma-Moo!" .. move clockwise around your chair for boys, and counter-clockwise for girls.

Don't trip!

Bad thinks happen when you tip. Like your kitties break up without making a box, choose a random mate, and give you dozens of Genesis Earth eyes. So be sure your real-life cat doesn't decide to come check out what the crazy human is doing now and ruin everything.

Oh, and I suppose it's good to remember it's best do this when you're alone. Unless, of course, you actually want the looks of concern because Mom's gone bye-bye.
LOL! Tongue
I had like a spell of boys from all 10 breeding cats for 2 weeks. Then it became even breeding.
Now and then, it happens to certain pairs only.
(11-12-2014 09:49 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend hopping around your chair on one foot while chanting "Uma-Uma-Uma-Moo!"

If I'm not mistaken, doing the 'uma moo' chant only gives you...

Chateau Black/White No. 1 kittys,

also known as Kitteh with holstein paint jobs.

Darn, you're right! My bad. Does anyone remember the gender-chant?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's