KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Memorial Project to my Real life kitties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am tyring to memorialize my lifetime of cats in second life.

I have a few breeding projects going on for this and have shopped extensively to find what might be matches for the real life kitties. There is one kitty I can not memorialize barbecue she had no tail. She was a Calico Cymric rumpie , original breed from the Isle of Man. It makes me sad that I can not immortalize her here with the others. Coco might be difficult too since he was a black and white cow kittie that had eyebrows Tongue .

Meanwhile on the Echo project here are some photos:
the first two breeders were born and this is often how they sleep :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresofivylane/15573256819/

This is the real life Echo Marie. My cats names have deep meanings for me and my family. Echo Marie is a name I choose for my first child if it was a girl. Echo after the story in Greek Mythology , I love the story and echo's. Marie for my Mom. Echo Marie was chosen, or choose my son Dan as her boy. She loved us all patiently and with great kindness. She had class and dignity, with one terrible habit. She loved bones, even pizza bones (the crust of the pizza). We never understood why but wondered if it had to do with the beginning of her life. She was with a little of kittens that a woman heard crying in a Dumpster, she found them all in a trash bag, barely days old. She took them all in and bottle fed them and hand raised them. When they were of age to be adopted she posted signs stating that she would pay to have them spayed or neutered for anyone who gave them a home. I saw this sign at the vets and could not resist. So Echo Marie came to live with us and to receive her very personal name. We were blessed with her constant vigilance protecting us from electrical plugs carelessly roaming the apartment and obviously very dangerous and deserving of death at her paws.
At the age of nine her habit of diving in the trash barrel to retrieve "bones" of any kind let to her developing FP. They tested her repeatedly for diseases, she had none. So I blame the bones. She couldn't eat and her weight was at four pounds when we finally got a doctor willing to perform the surgery necessary to attempt to save her life. He was not happy to do it and told me there were no guarentees that she might die on the table. I told him she will die if you don't try. So he did, and she lived. After she was on prednizone and they gave her only 2 years to live and then her kidneys would shut down from the drug.
In about six months I noticed she was trying to chew bones with her gums. I thought maybe it might be a good idea to take her off the medication since her gums did not seems sensitive and that was what it was for. Sure enough a slow withdrawal from the prednizone and she was fine without it. Happiness ensued along with more bug and plug deaths! Also the forever hiding of the bones under my bed, was a cemetery of neglected and uneaten prizes a monument to her prowess.
Sometime during SLCC 2010 while we were in Boston she died. My oldest son, her boy, found her curled in a circle looking like she was sleeping on his bed. She evidently passed peacefully in her sleep at the age of 20 human years. She is still loved , missed and thought of often.

She was an American shorthair calico. There is not an exact breed /skin like her in the KittyCats Breeds so here are the list of traits I have choosen from what is available for the Echo Marie Memorial :
Maine Coon plush calico wash
mysterious eyes (large or small pupil)
eye colors : canary, gerbana oragne or 18K gold
Curious tail (this is a deal breaker trait, we used to make fun of her question mark tail)
white whiskers

Here is a real life image of Echo Marie
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresofivylane/15757227721/

Happy Breeding to you all. And ty for reading my post about one of the loves of my life.

Ivy Lane
Your bond with your beloved kitty is very touching. She sounds like quite a character, and someone like that is sorely missed when she's gone. I hope you will be able to find a kitty who looks like her to be your companion in Second Life.

I have just a few with this fur and the golden/orange eyes ... not really ideal match on every point, but if one of them suits you, contact me inworld (or here i guess) and you may have it as a gift. The one with the Bronze eyes does have a curious tail.
I'm thinking ... there might be other tails that show that question-mark shape ... like maybe Dreamy tail? (But i don't have this fur with recent tail traits on it, but maybe someone else does).
http://gyazo.com/a67e0a8e82c2419e6b19b113c77476b7
? 6T Calico Washed Gl...
Box
Cattery
Fur: Maine Coon - Plush Calico Washed
Eyes: Bronze (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Glitter
Tail: Curious
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)
Size: Normal

I also have a male with white whiskers and curious tail, with yellow eyes (but they are gen sunshine eyes)
? 6T +2 MC Calico Was...
Box
Cattery
Fur: Maine Coon - Plush Calico Washed
Eyes: Genesis Sunshine (Curious|Small)
Shade: Glitter
Tail: Curious
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: White (Guitar)
Size: Normal
Reference URL's