KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Glowing cat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got a Snowshoe - Red cat and notice she's glowing.Are these type of cats suppose to do that?
Hi!

Congrats on your kitty! Certain shades like: Glitter and Illume can make your cat really bright.
yah, my Balinese Cream is radiant, can hardly see the pattern in her fur. Which is a bit of a bummer, she's such a sweet cat.
Yep. It depends upon a lot of factors such as your video hardware and driver, your viewer, viewer settings, windlight settings, fur, shade, etc. Which is why I call shade 'problematic'. It might work, it might not and there is little anyone can do about it.

Never been a fan of shade being a positive trait.

Once you start smoothing things out and glossing over

you lose the quality of the 'texture' underneath.

I do use several white russians with illume shade around the house

AS HALOGEN LAMPS FOR WORKING ON DUCTWORK.

Otherwise, not a real fan Wink
I've turned my "glow" setting from the default of 2 down to 1. One can also turn it entirely off.
I have now 4 kittens and only 1 do glow, and yes you can't see the patern not good Sad(
hmmm, I have 2 White Russians out in my house...one glows, and the other does not. I actually get a kick out of the glowing one..and yes, she sure is bright! I just think of her as a Kitty Angel, lol
hi Smile

if you find the glow is too much, you can go into your graphic settings and make sure your glow is turned to a default (or even make it lower OR brighter!)

here is how to do it in firestorm!

GRAPHiCS > RENDERING TAB > (check render glow) then make sure it's at 2.

if you want it less glowy you can put it lower.

good luck!
Some shades can really bring out the traits on a kitty. I didn't like the bali creams at first, to me they looked like white russians till a breeder used twinkle on them and they came out really lovely. You could see more of the color of them.

Or like Illume is a bit too bright on a light fur, but looks pretty cool on a dark fur. It makes them look kinda mysterious.

Porcelain and twinkle are my fave shades. They really bring out the fur, eyes and other traits.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's