KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Collar Ideas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I -love- the new collars so much it's unreal. They have clasps painted on! It's precious! OMG they look just like the real pet collars I get for RL pets. I'm a squealy fanboy right now. I love love love the new patterns and collars and squeal omg yay.

That said, I'm wishing SO MUCH I could change textures on collars instead of replacing and having to buy all over again to make a kitten match my outfit! It would be so amazing if all the collars I bought for a given cat could be added into the memory of the collar so I could choose the texture from those I'd bought to switch it up without having lost what I paid for before. I'd buy a lot more collars if I could do that.

Also, I really loved the idea that's been tossed around casually before about making it possible for us to customize our own collars. I'd love being able to put my kitten's name on their collar, or to be able to make a distinctive collar to promote kittens born in my cattery. I think this could also increase collar sales and make it much more fun for obsessed users like myself.
Ooh I'd love to be able to upload my own texture for the collar! And being able to switch them out would definitely make it more tempting to buy more than one collar for my kitties like my permapets!
I second the Nachts! I'm a collar junkie and we gotta admit they make even those 'not so desirable' kitties look awesome.

We all know accessorizing is the key!

Oh, and as a fashion mutant, I'd love to have collars matching or even enhancing my outfits. I'd be walking around with the cats way more around the grid and this is great publicity for KittyCats.
I looove the new collars! I have a request/feedback for another though from a friend Smile She would like the skull collars but in purple with black skulls. I 'm not sure if this is possible but she'd love it immensely!
i'm really happy to know, well we all are, that you like the new collars Smile there are SO many types on the list that we want to do, and i agree these are a lot of fun and add a bit of "color" and fun. Smile

i'd love to see how you and your cats "match" in accessorizing Smile

feel free to post any photos Smile

thanks for the feedback and input!

callie

p.s. i don't know about texture changing and all that stuff, since i can't script my way out of a box Smile but ya never know what is possible... i even don't Smile only our scripting Jeannnussss knows that Tongue
(09-29-2011 07:27 PM)KittyCat Princess Wrote: [ -> ]p.s. i don't know about texture changing and all that stuff, since i can't script my way out of a box Smile but ya never know what is possible... i even don't Smile only our scripting Jeannnussss knows that Tongue

I was going to say well easy peasy to have a retexturable collar but in fact as a basic texture change script must be in the root prim in order for it not to change the texture on all prims it gets complicated (for me anyhow), as the root prim in a kitty has to be the box inside it for it to function. I believe the work around this is with 11SetLinkTexture but not sure as i'm much too lazy to really get into anything past basic with scripting.
Anyhow for a scripter like KCR this is extremely basic stuff so he'd have no prob at all making it work.
New collars RAWK btw Wink
I second the custom texture idea! It'd be interesting to see what residents come up with. I can see it being sold in some type of kit with a template of sorts for folks to play around with in photoshop.

While we're on the subject of collars: I think it'd be neat to have a tuxedo bow one! Make it happen, please. Smile
I would love the switching collars options =3 I'm more than happy with all the collars and their colors and the many more collars that will most probably and liekyl come in the future! Big Grin
This isn't my idea, but it was tossed around in chat a bit ago-someone mentioned bandanas as collars or a collar alternative. I have to admit, they'd be absurdly cute. I like the tuxedo bow idea as well Big Grin
Reference URL's