KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Only MegaPuss are outside door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Another quick question. I have more than one Megapuss. When I leave and come back to my home they are waiting outside my front door. They are restricted to the parcel. Does that include the outside of the home as well? Or does that mean as long as it is it is in property lines like on the front porch that is considered still on the parcel property? They are waiting by the door wanting in the home. This has happened several times. Is this normal? Huh Thank you for any responses.
(09-22-2014 03:48 PM)mzombievixen Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Another quick question. I have more than one Megapuss. When I leave and come back to my home they are waiting outside my front door. They are restricted to the parcel. Does that include the outside of the home as well? Or does that mean as long as it is it is in property lines like on the front porch that is considered still on the parcel property? They are waiting by the door wanting in the home. This has happened several times. Is this normal? Huh Thank you for any responses.

Hi!

I think the best option for you would be to set the range so that your kitties stay inside the home. You can click on the cat, animation, set range and then you can do 5, 10, 15, 20 or a custom amount of meters. Whatever works best for the kitties at your home. You will be able to see how big/small the range is once you set it. Feel free to play around with the range amount until you find a comfortable setting. Hope this helps you!

-Curious Southpaw, KittyCatS CSR
The best Range radius intersects NO walls. Remember it centers on the Home position.

If your Range crosses a wall, and the cat wiggles through the wall, even if the far side is out of Range, the cat can find itself out there. If the cat then wants to move and the wall forces it even further out of Range, the cat will do so. Long, long ago I submitted proof that cats can follow a wall across the diagonal of an entire region, even with a Range of 5 meters.

This is another form of the issue which allows your cats to fall through the floor.

At least, when the cat falls asleep it usually (that is, if it can, there are issues which can prevent even this) go back Home to sleep.
Hello,

I reset the home position on all my kitties to the dead center of the house. Away from any walls it worked on all of three Megas but one. He was auto returned to me so I was very lucky. He is set to just remain in the parcel. Some how every time I log off he wonders off into the house next door which is like two feet away. I guess I could set home position for the second floor and make sure he is up there before I leave.

He seems to wonder off under the stairs and get stuck in an endless loop. He also tend to jump around out of all the cats I have as well. Huh
Reference URL's