KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Cats Not Drinking Milk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a quick question.Blush I have several cats they are eating great but they are not drinking any of the milk I have put out. I have several that are breeding but not drinking the milk. Do they have to be a certain day age to drink the milk? How do I go about making sure the milk is set to the right group for the cats to drink from? Thank you for any help it is greatly wanted.Heart Rolleyes
To check or change the group, use the Edit panel, General tab. Also check its set to the correct range (the default is SIM~My Cats). Sim range does not care about group, distance, or parcel boundaries. If the cats are awake, eating, and gaining love (albeit slowly without the milk), they should be consuming milk. A bowl of milk, for a full day, should be the same effect as Cuddling for half an hour. Your best indication would be the bowl dropping % over the course of a day. One bowl, one cat, one month. So you should see it drop about 3% per cat, per day.
Ok I will use just one milk bowl. To see if the percentage drops over the next few days. If it does not then I must have the wrong settings. Thanks
I have several so it should fall more than 3 or more perc. per day. Thank you for the help.
Ok I went and set the milk mat to have all but one single serving of milk. This way I can check the stats on just this one milk dish since I have ten cats it should be decreasing quickly.

I took all the groups off all the cats, all the dishes, the milk server, and all the rezed foods. I changed all the settings on all the cats to no groups. Then I rerezed everything and started fresh.

Only other thing would be I think to rez a fresh automatic food server and start all over.
(09-22-2014 05:34 PM)mzombievixen Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I went and set the milk mat to have all but one single serving of milk. This way I can check the stats on just this one milk dish since I have ten cats it should be decreasing quickly.

I took all the groups off all the cats, all the dishes, the milk server, and all the rezed foods. I changed all the settings on all the cats to no groups. Then I rerezed everything and started fresh.

Only other thing would be I think to rez a fresh automatic food server and start all over.

The automatic milk server group should be the same as your cat's group, as should the pad for the milk and kibble. Breeding cats 7 days and older will always drink milk if they are within range of the milk. In your viewer you should have checked the box that says to "Always rez objects under the land group if possible". Then anything you rez on your land will always have the correct group. If the milk is set for sim wide, and you are the owner of your cats, then it makes no difference what group the cats are in.
Reference URL's