KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: HOW TO SELL YOUR CAT ON AN AUCTION! Open Panels for Dario Maesar Auction @UKF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello KittyCatS Lovers!

I bet many of you have been thinking on bringing your cat to an auction, but ended up unsure on if its good enough or not. I can tell, most of the times, the cat is better than what you think yourself about it. Don't be shy about your own breeds and if you are unsure, come and ask.

From own experiences, I can say that you have a better chance selling your cat on an auction than have it waiting in your shop for someone to pass bye. This for several reasons. First of all, most auctioneers advertise your cat, its stats and what is in their background for a better sale argument. Then a more broad amount of people are seeing them on the auction. Also, you are slowly gaining a name as a breeder, being repeatedly seen on auctions with your breeds.

Of course, not every cat can be a sale, sometimes for one sale you have like several no sales. We are never into that. You can hardly tell who is looking for what cat. A cats no sale this week can make a bidwar next week just because the right people are at the auction.

What do you need to bring the cat to an auction:

1. 5 Traits on the cat seen or better
-If newer traits are included, the sale chance is higher than with older traits.
(Newer traits currently are things like Dreamy Whisker, Dreamy Tail, Sassy Tail, Sassy Whisker, OdyFrazzyWave Whisker, Swanky Whisker, Aby Dark Choco, Pandie Fawn and such)
-Also a good idea, a good looking eye/fur combination, something just cute.
2. Rent a panel at the desired auction. In my case you find renting boards on the auction stages with a texture on it that says what day is the auction and what time.
3. Once you rented a panel, set the cat out right away.
4. Enable your in-world pedigree or put a pedigree giver out. If you need help with this, you can always ask me for assistance in world. (Dario Maesar)
5. Make a notecard. Included in the name of the notecard must be your panel number and your avatars name. In the notecard you write the start bid. The start bid is the price you minimum want to see for it. Refrain from open bids to start at a 100 L$. Those can make a bid-war, but they can always also end up selling for just 100 L$ and then you'll be unhappy. My rule for you, better a no sale than selling a cat under price.
6. Put the notecard into the auctioneers MAILBOX that is hanging on the auction stage somewhere.
7. TIP FOR THE AUCTIONEER. IF a cat sells, you would tip the auctioneer 10% from the sale price. Lets say the cat sold for 500 L$, the auctioneer would get your tip of 50 L$ for their afford on selling it for you. Smile

Do you feel like giving it a try? Then go ahead and come over and rent yourself a spot with my auction!
One panel is 33 L$, if its your first time, i give back the fee to you. Smile

OPEN PANELS AVAILABLE TO RENT:

Tuesday 4 p.m @ UKF
STAGE: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elegua/55/87/25
(Find the Rent-Board on the wood railing with the stage in your back, right hand side stands the Tuesday rental board.)
[White Panels are UNRENTED! Touch it first, it turns PINK then right click pay the amount]

Friday 4 p.m @ UKF
STAGE: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elegua/55/87/25
(Find the Rent-Board on the wood railing with the stage in your back, left hand side stands the Friday rental board.)
[White Panels are UNRENTED! Touch it first, it turns PINK then right click pay the amount]

Saturday 4 p.m @ UKF
STAGE: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elegua/12/137/22
(Find the REnt-Board on the wood-wall behind the panels left side.)

Got more questions? Then IM me (Dario Maesar) in world or leave me a NOTECARD OFFLINE! Plese refain from offline-IM, i don't receive those. But notecards offline i receive quite well. Or just use my mailbox at my stage if i am offline.

See you at my next auction! *waves excitedly*

Dario Maesar
Reference URL's