KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: WHERE OH WHERE IS THIS COMMUNITY ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where oh Where is this community I hear people talking about when they talk about KittyCatS! ?? Can someone send me a LM for it please because for the life in me, I can't find it. There is some things I have seen that can not be classed as community.

An Auctioneer had their last Auction this morning and had to cancel it because only 3 people ............. 3 PEOPLE bought panels. This was this NEW Auctioneers LAST Auction and this so called "Community" couldn't even get it together for one last Auction. Where was the "Community" in that ?? Before you say it, yes it's Summer, yes sales are slow, yes yes yes but instead of spending all those lindens you did have on an over priced kitty, why couldn't people have bought a panel and given this Auctioneer a nice thank you Auction ?? Because there is no Community.

What is a Community ?? It's not just a group of people that live in the same area. It's heart, spirit, compassion, strength, support, a helping hand. I think a lot of people in the "KC Community" have forgotten what community is but still band the word around like an excuse. Where is the support, the heart, the helping hand ??

All I've seen lately is selfishness, greed and a willingness to do ANYTHING to get one over on the next guy. It's Auctioneers no being supported by the "Community", Auctioneers and Sim owners trying to out do each other at every turn and not letting anything get in their way. It's breeders selling kitties at extreme prices smothering the average breeder who is just trying to make enough to feed their kitties. Breeders undercutting breeders, breeders not helping new folk, Auctioneers not supporting breeders ........... this list can go on and on.

It's time the KC Community WOKE UP AND SMELT THE COFFEE. Take a moment and watch, look, listen and you'll see what I mean. I think we all need to remember the true meaning of "COMMUNITY" and stop using it as a fake banner.
Dear Angeliclove80,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience here in KittyCats, however I would be remiss without pointing out that one cannot and should not base an entire community (or lack thereof as this post seems to suggest) on a single event when the whole story is not known and cannot be known to us all for we are not mind readers. Perhaps the time of the auction clashed with this thing we call Real Life work or people simply did not want to go for their own various reasons. To say that KC no longer has community and is only interested in self interest without providing adequate proof is poor judgement and shows how little one knows about this community. I have been a part of this community for a very long time and have been helped more times then I can count by breeders, shop owners as well as the support team when my kitties are borked or go missing. Again there is always one or two exceptions to the rule but without proper knowledge on why they do the things they do it is hardly fair to judge the entire community just because one does not agree with it. Perhaps the "outrageous" prices were set as such due to miscommunication on counting traits and they thought a kitty hid a special and rare trait, thus making it worth more then the others they had only to find out later they were misinformed but had not had a chance to change the prices. The support, heart and helping hand you are looking for is right in front of your eyes if you wish to be open to seeing it, although I would also remind you that some of the sweetest gestures of help go unnoticed and behind the scenes. Again I am sorry that your experience with KC and the community has not met to your standards but please be careful in the future not to toss the entire population under the bus with the few who will always exist to spoil the batch. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. I wish you better experiences and many good kitties. Good day and God bless.

Sincerely,

Tatiana Cheng
I feel and experience a community to be honest.
Wether it is in group chat, via the forums or via the talks I have on the market.
However long ago I decided to not participate on auctions for now.
While I was there, having fun and danced during KC's birthday party and when the community celebrated the 11-th birthday of Second Life and community members had fun in putting efforts in a decoration contest.
Or is it when I need a certain kitty in my breeding project and a friend or even someone I do not even know so well IM's me and just gives me the desired kitty.
Personally I have loads of fun and heartwarming moments, sometimes things are not going as expected or some drama happens here and there,... but yeah we are humans I guess.
What ever someone may claim I am absolutely never part of drama Dodgy
I hope you will encounter more positive things from this community as well because I still like to call it a community because I strongly feel it is Smile

Perhaps it is a matter of perspective also what a community is and maybe we do each have other expectations from it.

~ Kay
I think Kittycats has a great community. I am sorry your friend the auctioneer did not have a great experience but that is about business, not community. I don't sell a lot of my kitties but I still think Kittycats is great. Community is not the same thing as making money which is what business is about. There are people out there who make lists for free about the dominance of traits, who give advice when you ask for it and who pat you on the back when you have a kitty even if it is all genesis traits. When you have a problem, Kittycats is great about getting back to you within 24-48 hours most of the time to fix it, sometimes within hours. They have this great forum to post in. When there is a charity auction, a lot of people turn out special and give time and money to raise money for other folks. I breed other breedables and the support and community is nothing like Kittycats. I can't even find info on all their furs, there is no forum to chat in and it is very very hard to meet people to talk to about the breedable for advice and even to figure out the breeding schematics.

Now business is about making money. It is about advertising and letting others people know you have a product. An auction is a product. I go to one person's auction -- why, because if I went once or twice, and then after that she invites me to come if I am on when an auction is about to start. Even though I have never bought anything. I bid but I always get outbid. (However, I won a nice raffle for $500k so it created positive reinforcement for me to show up even though I don't ever win an auction). i don't read the auction list. so like in RL, an auctioneer builds up a following over time. They send out announcements to the people on their list to let them know an auction is coming up. I saw one particularly successful auction where I got not only a notice from the auctioneer just before the auction but also one of the person who had kittys for auction. When I showed up, I had to look around for a chair since more than one person was sending out notices to different invitational list, there was 3x more than the normal amount then I usually saw at that particular person's auction. You said your auctioneer was new -- did they know to friend everyone who came to an auction for the first time? so they could invite them again? Did they ask people who had things up for auction to invite friends? Does the place that she holds an auction at, do they send invites out? How is she as an auctioneer? Was the time bad? I know someone who had a breedable for sale at an 8am auction. It didn't sell. It went for sale at 5pm auction, same place, same auctioneer, same day even. It sold for over $1000L. 5pm was just a better timeslot and more people came. Those are the questions to ask when asking why an auction did not do as well. Because answering those types of questions can help improve the outcome of your next auction.

Also just to put things in perspective, if someone tells me I have to spend money to be considered a good member of a community, I join a different community. Money should not define the worthiness of a community. If money becomes the defining standard of a community, then greed runs rampant and people start acting weird in order to get what they think is their share of the money. Kittycats has a number of different communities within in it. I only started selling recently but most of what I participate in, we show each other our pretty cats and say congrats; give advice and feedback; and get creative together. I am ecstatic when I make a sell but it does not define my Kittycat experience. My most recent sell was my Abbie black bengal and it was only my 5th sale so I was very happy. However, a lot of things make me ecstatic here; the nice people (Kayleigh and Tatiana who responded above among others), having kitty babies, learning to take moving pictures of my babies.

One defining kittycats community thing comes to mind. One person who posted recently had a RL cat who passed and she was trying to make a SL memorial kitty like her own kitty. I love the way people reached out to her, gave her sympathy and also helped her find an SL kitty. I think someone gave her the kitty. That to me is what community is really about. People being nice to each other and helping each other out. I'm sorry your friend was unhappy that people didn't buy. However, the more she reaches out, participates and makes friends, I think she'll find Kittycats is a great community even though you are very unlikely to get rich from it.
I hope that your friend won't give up on the goal of becoming an outstanding auctioneer! You know, the auction schedule is jumpin' and sometimes the times even overlap a bit. Because we can no longer attend EVERY auction, each one has to be well publicized. I think maybe new auctioneers have to begin by rallying their friends and acquaintances, letting everyone know in advance, and coaxing them all into committing to a panel and a date/time.

I do feel there is a kind and warm-hearted community, and i feel to be part of it. There is also a ferociously competitive undercurrent in there somewhere. Yet I don't believe competition or anything like that would stop people from supporting new auctioneers.

In fact, I've attended several recently where it was "the first by a new auctioneer" -- or even the third or more by a new auctioneer -- and I've seen very supportive turnouts! People cheering for the new person. So ... I hope your friend will try it again ... maybe give it a lot of fanfare in advance so that friends and community members will know when and where to buy panels, and when and where to attend the event.
Hoping you will feel better about it, and wishing your friend greatness in future auctions!
To add to this, I try to help new breeders I come in contact with. I have given away boxed kittys to new breeders or people looking to replace RL cats that have passed. I cant speak for everyone but MOST of the breeders I know are amazing. When i first started someone gave me a few cats and when i wanted a fur (that i did not know was new) I was given a kitty that could have been sold for a lot of L's and was told that our community is like this, pay it forward.

Now Auctions are a different thing to me then the community. I work a 9-5 and am not around for am auctions therefor i don't attend many. I have never had good luck selling my work at auctions and chose not to do so. It is sad that no one showed up for the one your talking about but it truly is a time slot (weekdays during US work hours) that i would think is a slow time. Perhaps the person can try having one later in the day when more of use could attend?
one can not always go to auctions. sunshine life does happen as much as we wish sometimes that it doesn't. we all have obligations. and the sales of pretend cats. is not high on ones list. we all do what we can i know i try to help others when on. i know several community memebers that when not on people email questions or text them and they answer. alot of people do this. is that not what being apart of a community is helping. no one is everything you need or want them to be all the time as long as they try.... to do what they can when they can isnt that the point. i dont even know who the auction is was for? what sim. was there mass marketing done so that people knew it was her last auction. i was on several times this weekend i didnt see anything about it........shrugs. thats all i can say about that. Tongue ^^.

think has anyone taken the time out of there busy day to help you in the "kc community" to take you around to the different shops, and listen to your frustrations, help you figure out how to pull a trait.......... if not then post mentor needed.( if you need one) and enjoy the some of the community experience.
Reference URL's