KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kittycat Animations not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not working for any of my kitty cats. Any animations, AO off, "stop animating avatar" prior to picking up, relogging, nothing is working. I can't hold my kitties x(
Anyone else getting this bug? Or should I take all of my kitty cats to the support desk? X3
It works for me not sure what it could be.
Do you interact with your kitties via it's interaction menu? (Left Click the kitty > Interact - pick one of the given options.)
Also sometimes there is a popup in which you need to agree the kitty is interacting with you.
Mine is not working either. The cat attaches in its position ok but my avatar doesn't hold it then when I drop the Kitty I get a script error message. (Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set)
The cat was in pose position for a few weeks and since taking it out this is happening. I have picked up the kitty and put it back down. I don't see a reset button and you can't reset scripts in kitty either. Can anyone help with this? The animate your avatar button does not come up and there is no way to force it. Thanks
Sounds like you denied permissions. Perhaps you have them set to always deny (if your viewer offers that), or perhaps you have the cat blacklisted, or (as was happening to me with the old mouse) perhaps a stray click denied them accidentally.

If you think it's the cat, changing prim mode or cycling through the Cattery should fix it.
(08-16-2014 09:16 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you denied permissions. Perhaps you have them set to always deny (if your viewer offers that), or perhaps you have the cat blacklisted, or (as was happening to me with the old mouse) perhaps a stray click denied them accidentally.

If you think it's the cat, changing prim mode or cycling through the Cattery should fix it.

Thanks for the help I changed it to and from prim mode and that fixed it.
(08-16-2014 09:16 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you denied permissions. Perhaps you have them set to always deny (if your viewer offers that), or perhaps you have the cat blacklisted, or (as was happening to me with the old mouse) perhaps a stray click denied them accidentally.

I changed him to low prim mode and back. It worked for every cat except one, which has the same script error, so I'm going to cycle it through the cattery tomorrow. Thank you!
One or the other should do it.

If cycling through the cattery, run to the Main Store to ensure you have the most-current Dock. That way, when you pull the cat back from the Cattery, you'll have the most-current version of the in-world objects and scripts making up the cat.

If that does not fix the cat, the only other suggestions, short of filing a support ticket, are to try it on different regions, in particular looking for simulator versions (it's possible, although highly unlikely, that would have an effect), and running to a private area (a skybox, sandbox, or changing room) with the cat and checking if an attachment (HUDs, hair, shoes, whatever) might be causing an issue. These are both extremely low-probability things, and probably not worth the effort, though.
Hi Smile

This is a more recent SL bug where the permissions to animate you get lost, while SL keeps telling the cat the permissions are still available.

As some have suggested, switching the cat to low prim mode and back should help.

Regards
KittyCatS
(08-16-2014 08:54 AM)MissJosie Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is not working either. The cat attaches in its position ok but my avatar doesn't hold it then when I drop the Kitty I get a script error message. (Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set)
The cat was in pose position for a few weeks and since taking it out this is happening. I have picked up the kitty and put it back down. I don't see a reset button and you can't reset scripts in kitty either. Can anyone help with this? The animate your avatar button does not come up and there is no way to force it. Thanks

(09-19-2014 10:03 AM)Blueridge Azalee Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2014 08:54 AM)MissJosie Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is not working either. The cat attaches in its position ok but my avatar doesn't hold it then when I drop the Kitty I get a script error message. (Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set)
taking it to low prim mode and then back does work. I just tried it with my catsand now I can hold them and cuddle them.
Reference URL's