KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Attach left animation differs between starter Genesis cat and two bought from breeder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, this is my first post here. I've done some searching and realized I can't find a discussion of this, so I'm trying to confirm whether or not it is normal, but it doesn't seem to be:

Yesterday I adopted my first starter kitten, and he sits on my shoulder as one would expect—generally upright, looking around a bit, etc. But I bought a couple of kittens today from two different breeders (a toy and a petite), and neither of them assume these behaviors while attached to a shoulder; instead, they continue to behave as if they are on the floor, scratching at things, being inquisitive, standing up on all fours, crouching, emitting butterflies, etc. Which looks pretty strange while attached to a shoulder. Is this a bug, and if so, is there a fix for it? The toy was specifically bought for shoulder attachment most of the time, so this difference is neither what I expected nor would want. If there's any insight to be had, please let me know. Much enjoying the vibe here. Thank you.

ETA: I should clarify that I've had the starter kitten on my shoulder for several hours and seen pretty consistent, natural-looking shoulder-sitting behavior, and none of the floor behaviors I've described above.
I'd start by checking that all your cats are the latest version. You can update most cats by getting a Dock, sending them to the Cattery, then pulling them back in-world. If you're not sure you have the most-current Dock, just run to the Main Store and snag a new one .. they're free.

If your cats are current, try changing to one of the low prim modes and back to normal (low prim off). This creates a new, never-before-used copy of the cat so any issues which might have crept in are eliminated.

If neither of these fix the issue, you'd be best off filing a ticket so they can investigate.
Tad, thank you for the tips. On one cat I tried both of these steps and neither worked. That cat is now at 1.41 (from 1.39), and yet my starter is still at 1.39 still and stays perched as you would expect (and one of the non-consistent-perching breeder cats was already at 1.41). I'll do a couple of other bits of testing but otherwise it sounds like two of these kitties need to see the vet. So far I haven't isolated what they have in common. (Needless to say I'm referring to behavior while the cats are awake.)

Thank you again.
Hi Jonas,

New born cats are indeed small enough so they will stand, lay, roll, and also catch butterflies on your shoulder. Cats past the first day will no longer do that as it doesnt fit. They ony sit.
Its possible that some teacup cats will be small enough as adults to continue doing this.

Regards
KittyCatS
Okay, thank you for the clarification. I wondered if it was normal. Will check them again in a few days. (The cat who'd be shoulder-sitting is a toy so it sounds like he'll grow out of it quickly.)
Reference URL's