KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Is it ok to change the RULES halfway through a game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
False advertisement is not cool (or legal in the real world). Undecided

I for one was very disappointed...very put off... by the change in the schedule for the special kitties. I think its a huge faux pas for KittyCats to have extended the time allotment for special team kittens. The whole idea of a special cat is that they are special. I feel, even with the Easter bunnies that it was too long to have them out. And for what? It feels like a bit of a burn sometimes with these extenda-dates. The only one benefitting from this is KittyCats. It does nothing for the collector or the secondary market at all when this is allowed.

Golden rule of Sales.."thou shalt love thy consumer".

In my opinion, if it is a limited edition it needs to be limited to a certain time or number period. If it is a special kitten it needs to be a solid time allotment for that as well. Its not fair that just because some are not on the ball that the market should be flooded with what is supposed to be a limited edition or a special cat. What is so special or limited about dozens of the same cat sitting in the store fronts of every store in every market.

Come on Kitty Cats. Play fair. Play by the rules...after all it is a team sport!

Thumbs down on this call ref! Sad
Yes of course it is in this case.
And as it is free it can hardly be called false advertising either.
Everyone and their 10 or more alts can get one so it's hardly a big market deal.
A few may have been disappointed that they were'nt in the know in time, others would like to try for the whole range.
I hate seeing disappointed people too and i'm glad the team try to make everyone happy.
It's a lot of fun to the newer breeders to anticipate which costume they may get and maybe who knows, even a special size.

As to the benefit for KttycatS, in the past we had only 3 days to get that special and so they made a load of L$ on Love 10s which of course they don't anymore with all the extra time we have now.
We also used to have very little warning to be able to prepare for these specials.
hey,

we'd like to take a moment to clarify on 2 things brought up Smile

we did change the date of the Surprise Kitty so that more people had the chance to get one. This is a little event we like to do from time to time to give "surprises" for those who like that (which is why we also offer to remove the "costume" for those who didn't want it).

when we first started SURPISE KITTIES it was a quick idea we tried. we found after that not enough advance notice was given, which is why we now have given more time for people to get ready.
unfortunately, with Chat bugs many people don't get notices, even via email. in summer we know many people are away and so many around the world love the World Cup and it brings the whole world in some ways together as a global community. we LOVE that and wanted the KittyCatS community to share in that with each other. (note: SPECIAL KITTIES are those sometimes born from 2 collection cats)

personally, after making the cats, i am now more aware of how much of an impact this is around the world. i've learned a lot about other countries thru our community being from so many of the other countries. i am SO happy we did this!! at first being from the USA i was like "huh? soccer? really?" when Equinox brought up the idea, and now i am SO glad. Smile

so in that spirit of community and bringing smiles to people's faces, is why we did this and why we extended it to the end of the World Event. it felt right to us to do this for those who totally missed out.

now i'd like to clarify what happened with the easter cats being out longer than we had said. we did that because we had been given the wrong date for the Fantasy Faire and had put them there. so when our date to pick them up conflicted with the REAL end date of the Fantasy Faire we thought the right thing to do was keep them out there. to my knowledge that is the only time we've extended a date on Collections.

we try to make the time frame long enough to respect the fact that many many people aren't in SL every day, and around certain holidays even take a very long break.

i hope that clarifies for you and thanks for your input on the subject.

callie (for the KC team)
Thanks for clarifying, but I guess what I'm referring to more is the value of some of the first Specials and LE's . Take the St Patrick day 11 Lepercats. Now those cats are so rare...they really are collectables. I think as a newer avi on SL it would be fantastic if those types of opportunities came around again and I was very much hoping that these would be like that, where only a handful (relatively speaking) exist. For some this is more than just breeding or having pets online. There is RL value to the rare LE's and much like collecting a rare comic book, they seem to retaining and gaining value. When I purchase a limited edition of something or am promised a special kitty my mind goes to the Lepercats and would like to see the LE's and Specials reflect that type of rarity.

Just my opinion...and it doesn't change that I love KittyCats and appreciate everything about the team.
What a beautiful present from KittyCats team to us kitty-lovers! The World Soccer 2014 kittens are just darling with their colorful costumes and their little bright-colored shoes. It's a gift, offering a free collectible to everyone who breeds kitties. The World Cup theme really does raise awareness that we're all in this together. Sharing a sport like this brings people together, for sure. And ... I love the little shirts! So many countries, such happy colors! Thank you for these cuties, Callie and KC team! I think it's nice that you set the time frame so that everybody could get one.
Also, we have had a lot of fun with things like events where you had to wear a soccer costume or ball Smile It's also fun when people show up wearing their national colors Smile
well the 11 special cats are rare because A, kc was not as big as it is now at that time. and b. because we knew nothing about holding on to cats to sale them at a later date. hence why most selling there leprakitties are grown and used. the only boxed ones are from those who had such a vast amount of them and those who had the forethought to hold on to them. now we all know to have a spare 10 LE kitties..lol

so can we really compare markets? i dont think we can its like us comparing the price of bread in 1910 to the price of bread today.
What? The price of bread has changed over the past century? OMG
(06-18-2014 03:52 PM)Callie Cline Wrote: [ -> ]hey,

we'd like to take a moment to clarify on 2 things brought up Smile

we did change the date of the Surprise Kitty so that more people had the chance to get one. This is a little event we like to do from time to time to give "surprises" for those who like that (which is why we also offer to remove the "costume" for those who didn't want it).

when we first started SURPISE KITTIES it was a quick idea we tried. we found after that not enough advance notice was given, which is why we now have given more time for people to get ready.
unfortunately, with Chat bugs many people don't get notices, even via email. in summer we know many people are away and so many around the world love the World Cup and it brings the whole world in some ways together as a global community. we LOVE that and wanted the KittyCatS community to share in that with each other. (note: SPECIAL KITTIES are those sometimes born from 2 collection cats)

personally, after making the cats, i am now more aware of how much of an impact this is around the world. i've learned a lot about other countries thru our community being from so many of the other countries. i am SO happy we did this!! at first being from the USA i was like "huh? soccer? really?" when Equinox brought up the idea, and now i am SO glad. Smile

so in that spirit of community and bringing smiles to people's faces, is why we did this and why we extended it to the end of the World Event. it felt right to us to do this for those who totally missed out.

now i'd like to clarify what happened with the easter cats being out longer than we had said. we did that because we had been given the wrong date for the Fantasy Faire and had put them there. so when our date to pick them up conflicted with the REAL end date of the Fantasy Faire we thought the right thing to do was keep them out there. to my knowledge that is the only time we've extended a date on Collections.

we try to make the time frame long enough to respect the fact that many many people aren't in SL every day, and around certain holidays even take a very long break.

i hope that clarifies for you and thanks for your input on the subject.

callie (for the KC team)

Thank you for serving foreign countries as well.
For us soccer is a huge thing Smile
soccer is growing in the states now too and i'm SO happy to see that. i have been watching games, seeing the passion and love for country, sportsmanship, fellow countries, and it really is a time we can celebrate together as one human family, all cheering each other on (well NOT always Tongue) but this event really does bring people together in more ways than i knew of.

so i am so happy our team is one where we bring different things to the table and trust each other to try things we may not like. i really didn't think this would be such a big deal, yet, when Equinox explained it, i thought, sure, why not? and i have to say, as i made the kitties, and did research, the scope of HOW huge it was really hit me and i was thrilled to be a little part of it!!!

and now, i'm watching the games! lol and really happy just for the whole celebration of life wrapped up in it! Smile

thank you ALL for your enthusiasm too!! Smile i love that about our community... it's not about breeding, it's about life really Smile

btw, now in the USA it's getting WAY bigger, even Mc Donald's commercials on all the time on TV and every where the games are on, i know not as big as the rest of the world, but certainly growing!!! Smile

edited to say, wow i used a lot of Smile when i typed that reply LOL!!! maybe cuz it makes me happy LOL!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
(06-19-2014 01:41 PM)Callie Cline Wrote: [ -> ]soccer is growing in the states now too and i'm SO happy to see that. i have been watching games, seeing the passion and love for country, sportsmanship, fellow countries, and it really is a time we can celebrate together as one human family, all cheering each other on (well NOT always Tongue) but this event really does bring people together in more ways than i knew of.

so i am so happy our team is one where we bring different things to the table and trust each other to try things we may not like. i really didn't think this would be such a big deal, yet, when Equinox explained it, i thought, sure, why not? and i have to say, as i made the kitties, and did research, the scope of HOW huge it was really hit me and i was thrilled to be a little part of it!!!

and now, i'm watching the games! lol and really happy just for the whole celebration of life wrapped up in it! Smile

thank you ALL for your enthusiasm too!! Smile i love that about our community... it's not about breeding, it's about life really Smile

btw, now in the USA it's getting WAY bigger, even Mc Donald's commercials on all the time on TV and every where the games are on, i know not as big as the rest of the world, but certainly growing!!! Smile

edited to say, wow i used a lot of Smile when i typed that reply LOL!!! maybe cuz it makes me happy LOL!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

This is totally awesome big time the world is one big family these days just as it always is in Second Life Smile
I am so glad Equinox brought it up Heart
I enjoy soccer even more now our beloved kitties are our little mascottes in SL Smile
Reference URL's