KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Breeding for a Megapuss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I (and of coarse a lot of other people) want a megapuss but they are so expensive ConfusedExclamation !!

Is it possible to breed one from cats other than megapusses and if so what are the odds of actually getting one?

Any advice is greatly appreciated Heart
No.

Size is completely random. There is a recent thread about the probabilities. http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=16308

From the data there, I'd put the odds at a bit better than 1-in-83 (1.2%).

Sorry, but the best you can do to "breed for a Megapuss" is hope you get one, on average, from every 84 boxes you produce.
I read all the studies and statistics out there on the incidences of megas but seriously. Have they cut them down or widened the percentage? I have not had a mega born in months and months. Lots of toys, etc but not a single Mega. I asked two of my friends and the same for them as well. Was beginning to think they stopped releasing them.
This stuff all averages out over the long term. I had a long spate with no megapusses. About 3 weeks ago, I suddenly got two.
Have lots of babies, you'll get one eventually. My luck seems to run like Ivy's. A long time with no megapuss and then a couple within weeks of each other. Same with teacups. My other seems to be more spread out.
Same as Isoly. It's been a while I don't get any. It's completely random.
There is another thread discussing the odds. From it, it appears that. on average. across all breeders and all offspring (and from memory) about 1-in-7 offspring should exhibit a Size other than Normal. IIRC, the odds for MegaPuss were on the order of about 1-in-50. This is random, though. So we should not be surprised if we don't get anything except Normal for dozens of offspring in a row; and a run of 200 or 300 between MegaPuss, while unlikely, should not be surprising. Hey, at least the odds are vastly better than getting a Gem!
True, never had a gem altho my friend who just started did get one. I read that article as well and it all made sense to me...so I am assuming that I had around 5 born last year and none this year I am over due? HAHAHAHAH. I wish I had known I was due for a dry spell. I would not have given them away to friends.
Since my last post regarding the absence of mega pusses being born I made a comment that I have never had a jewel. I have rec'd two since July 22. WTH??? A whole year and nothing now two in 6 days!!! Can I trade the jewels for a mega? lol.
Given the apparent relative odds, you'd want to trade a gem for SEVERAL (perhaps a few hundred) MegaPuss .. just to keep it 'fair'.
Reference URL's