KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Every 7 kittens born, 6 are normal size and 1 special size!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
At the launch of kittens Easter 2014 I bought some, aiming to test them. So, I opened 54 kittens Easter, randomly chosen from 100, and open 54 more companions, for tests. During the tests, the companions were exchanged as the need to prove something more recessive, hidden.

Then traits were found, and all six rounds of testing, many kittens "special size" born. I solved this data together, and they work to an understanding of the system.

Results
[Image: 96d5f90613e7b161d9768b03ab621787.png]
• This graph shows that the system is not random, because it prioritizes the 'normal' size, on the other.
Normal = 273
Teacup = 9
Toy = 16
Petite = 12
Bigger de Big = 4
MegaPuss = 4
Total = 318

Special size
[Image: 500948bf51984f3c5d93ce002cee8fa7.png]
• This graph shows that the choice of size is random.
Teacup = 9
Toy = 16
Petite = 12
Bigger de Big = 4
MegaPuss = 4
Total = 45

Summary Results
[Image: 7ebd633832ce3642ead05007b4cb9d5a.png]
Normal size = 273
Special size = 45
Total = 318

My analysis of these data
To find out about how many kittens, normal size, were born for each 'special size', we must do the following calculation.

273 divided by 45 = 6

Thus, we can conclude that this analysis: Every 7 kittens born: 6 are normal size and 1 special size.

Something represented as: Normal / Normal / Normal / Normal / Normal / Normal / SPECIAL

[Image: d6953d6090b7b9326ce87611139b5245.png]

The system sends normal size in the first 'six kittens', and on arriving at the 'kitten 7', it enters a different calculation, send a special size, something randomly chosen among 'special sizes' known.

Considerations
• This is a system rule. So it's not an individual rule by Avatar. Do not just take 7 kittens.
• This happens within the system. A circle of kittens 7, where 6 are normal, and 1 special.
• If 50 people have kittens born at the same time as the kitten sends information to the system, the kitten gets a queue. So the first falls in position 1, and receives normal size, then the second, falling in position 2, third in 3, until the seventh, when he gets a special size randomly. The process, back to position 1, and the circle starts all over again.
• So my new kitten box, may fall in position 3 of the system, and have a normal size, and another person may have a new box, and be lucky enough to fall into the 'position 7' of the system, and gain a special size.

Notes
Note: This analysis was ugly between days, April 29, 2014, the, June 5, 2014.
Note: We analyzed, kittens '318 'with Dad or Mom, started.

I can not say that this number is correct. But the sample of 318 is very good. And we are very close to uncover it. Smile

What I try to prove is that, before the 'size' be 'random', there is a specific order. 6 Normal cats, and then a special, chosen randomly.

Data listed below:
1 Petite/Teacup/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
2 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
3 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
4 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
5 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
6 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
7 Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal/Normal/Toy (Pedigree)
8 Normal/Bigger de Big/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
9 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
10 Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal/Teacup/Normal (Pedigree)
11 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Petite/Normal (Pedigree)
12 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
13 MegaPuss/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal
14 Toy/Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
15 Normal/Teacup/Normal/Normal/Normal/Toy (Pedigree)
16 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
17 Normal/MegaPuss/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
18 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
19 Normal/Toy/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal
20 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal
21 MegaPuss/Normal/Normal/Normal/Bigger de Big (Pedigree)
22 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
23 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
24 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
25 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
26 Petite/Normal/Normal/Petite/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
27 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal
28 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
29 Normal/Normal/Petite/Petite/Normal
30 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
31 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Teacup/Normal
32 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
33 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal
34 Normal/Teacup/Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal (Pedigree)
35 Petite/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
36 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Toy (Pedigree)
37 Normal/Normal/MegaPuss/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
38 Petite/Normal/Toy/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
39 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal
40 Normal/Normal/Normal/Bigger de Big/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
41 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal (Pedigree)
42 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal
43 Normal/Petite/Normal/Normal/Toy/Normal
44 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
45 Normal/Petite/Normal/Normal/Normal/Toy (Pedigree)
46 Normal/Normal/Normal/Petite/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
47 Bigger de Big/Normal/Teacup/Normal/Normal/Teacup (Pedigree)
48 Normal/Normal/Teacup/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
49 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Petite/Normal (Pedigree)
50 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal
51 Normal/Toy/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
52 Teacup/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
53 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)
54 Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal/Normal (Pedigree)

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]
Thanks for sharing your results, Fabao... I find this information very interesting. Smile
Thanks for sharing, Fabao. It's very informative. You did this by each pair. Have you done an analysis based on how many kitten boxes you get in a day and check the sizes? I haven't really paid attention to the sizes. When I increased my stock, I got different sizes almost daily. I used to get about 80 kitten boxes per week. But now, I am down to 40 kitten boxes per week so the different sizes are more random. I really think it's random, depending on the size of your cattery. My two cents Smile
That is interesting, and a higher percentage than I'd thought. I'd always thought it was a percentile algorithm and that the specials were about 5% of total. Not that I ever did any testing on it...
Thank you! This is an interesting statistic if only because it shows how relatively rare Megas are in the overall picture. And the chance of getting a high quality mega are the same as a lower traited one. So that encourages me to just breed the best of what I have. I just hate when i get a mega that is all size and no substance...drives me nuts! LOL
Frankly, I don't see the patterning you seem be saying is there. I do, however, see what looks like random distribution (for normal / not-normal) and your data does appear to support approximate odds of 1-in-7 (14%) that a given box will be not 'Normal' in size.

My feeling is there is more to size than just the Size names (Normal, Tea Cup, etc.). In fact, it appears to me that size is determined as a numeric value (cm, which you can see on some web pages) and the name applied to a range of sizes.

Females typically run smaller than males, so gender is also a factor. I don't think gender biases females to the smaller not-Normal sizes and males to the larger. But, I'd not be surprised if it does. If it does, however, the effect is probably quite small and would require quite a bit more data to begin to show if it does or does not have an effect.
Very interesting! And it does seem like there are more smaller sizes born than the Biggers or Megas (at least in my cattery). Thanks Fabao for all the analysis and sharing your results!
Anyway, I managed to put some graphics, and links to the pedigrees of the kittens, to prove the analysis. The 'data collection' was made in 6 weeks, and stunning results.
Smile
Tad Wrote:My feeling is there is more to size than just the Size names (Normal, Tea Cup, etc.). In fact, it appears to me that size is determined as a numeric value (cm, which you can see on some web pages) and the name applied to a range of sizes.

This is a nice idea, but my impression is that the sizes aren't continuous running along a bell curve of some sort. Certainly there's a big gap in between BiggerDeBig and MegaPuss where we don't see any cats. Also, my impression is that the fur - and it's just an impression - has an effect on sizes. It's been my impression that bengals are larger than many of the other furs on average. I'd love to see data on that. I was looking at a bengal next to a genesis cat yesterday and the difference in size, though both were "normal" was striking.
I count 333 (not 318) samples in your dataset. A quick error estimate is less than +/- 1%, so this appears an adequate dataset.

I get the following:
Teacup [10] 3.0%
Petite [14] 4.2%
Toy [18] 5.4%
Normal [283] 85.0%
Bigger de Big [4] 1.2%
MegaPuss [4] 1.2%

Actually, it does look a bit Bell-curvish.

And, yes, there is a definite bias toward smaller sizes. They appear to be about 5 times more likely than larger.

Ya know. This is a good study. It gives good guidance to the market. Based solely on size, all other things being equal, for example, using Teacup, I get it should be worth:

- 40% more than a Petite
- 80% more than a Toy
- 28 times a Normal
- 40% the price of a Bigger de Big or MegaPuss

Similar comparisons could be done for all the others.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's