KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Kitty Happiness ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something not quite right here.. when I pet my friends cat the happiness seems to drop 1% instead of going up. I have shrugged it off until now when I logged in an alt and loath and behold the happiness went up as it should..

Does this kitty hate me?? :o

I think it is some kind of bug...

Background information...
I previously owned the kitty and bred her from the new genesis range.. Anyway..I gave her to my friend so we could both hold one each for cute pictures and things so the ownership is still with her at the moment.

I sense the bug or problem may have arisen from there possibly..

Anyone else have this or is it just me?
Hi Wezz!

The kitty doesn't hate you! Happiness can only increase by petting when it's done by the owner, it might have been a coincidence that your friend kitty's happiness increased while you were petting it Smile
Changing ownership doesn't affect the fact above, so even if the kitty used to be yours, you won't be able to increase it's happiness by petting it unless your friend sends it back to you.

I hope this helps Smile

Giulia
(05-31-2014 07:14 PM)Giuliana Verrazzano Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wezz!

The kitty doesn't hate you! Happiness can only increase by petting when it's done by the owner, it might have been a coincidence that your friend kitty's happiness increased while you were petting it Smile
Changing ownership doesn't affect the fact above, so even if the kitty used to be yours, you won't be able to increase it's happiness by petting it unless your friend sends it back to you.

I hope this helps Smile

Giulia

Well I have monitored and tested this for 2 days now and the happiness DOES go up when I pet her with my alt who does not own the Kitty. She was on 70% and is now back up to 90% thankfully .. Her owner has not been near her for a few days so that thing about only the owner being able to make them happy is proven wrong I am afraid it is no coincidence but thank you for the reply Smile
Happiness is affected by other stats like Hunger or Energy.

When your kitty is hungry for whatever reason the Happiness stat tends to creep up slowly, the hungrier it gets the more Happiness drops down. It also drops down the more the energy is low. In these two cases the Happiness increases as the other 2 stats are corrected, either by the kitty eating or by sleeping. This can explain why Happiness fluctuates without petting or interactions involved.
Yes I know how they suppose to work and I appreciate your input, thank you. I have closely monitored this though and know what is happening. I have 3 cats in that area and only the one does this. She was not hungry (0%) unless just woken up from sleeping... and she responded the same to me if she was asleep or awake and all the in betweens too. Her Happiness DID go up when I started to pet her with my alt as I have already said above...
Giulia is just trying to help you by covering as many factors as possible that you may or may not know about.

One way of fixing any possible corrupt scripts in a kitty is to send it to the cattery and back as when you do this it actually generates a brand new version, without of course resetting stats to zero.
Reference URL's