KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Clueless about which traits to breed and which to sell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have read the info about traits but would like to know which traits are better than others to look for, is there a list somewhere, that gives that information, like which traits are best to look for when buying a cat.
Also I am wondering if I should try to sell this cat or breed it, if anyone can give me advice the stats for the cat are:

kitten
Fur: Abyssinian - Lilac
Eyes: Purple Rain (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Flair
Tail: Boo Boo
Ears: Curious
Whiskers: White (Guitar)

mother
Fur: Siamese - Seal
Eyes: Fire (Mysterious|Big)
Shade: Flair
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: White (Guitar)
Size: 36 cm (14.2 inch) - Petite

father
Fur: Siamese - Chocolate
Eyes: Apple (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Illume
Ears: Curious
Whiskers: White (Mysterious)
Size: 45 cm (17.7 inch)
thank you Morgan
Quote:Is there a list somewhere that gives which traits are best to look for when buying a cat.

No.

There are not "better" or "worse" traits. It's all up to you which YOU think are better.

There are "in demand" and "not in demand" traits. New or highly recessive traits often (but not always) fit this. But there is NO list for these .. it changes constantly, and each person's list would be different.

There are "dominant" and "recessive" traits. But, again, it's up to you to decide which is "better". There is a false opinion that more recessive is always better. This is NOT TRUE!!! There are breeding patterns where, when you have a choice, the more DOMINANT partner is "better".

There is a list showing WHEN traits were discovered.

And there are lists showing relative DOMINANCE order.

Check the stickies at the top of the General forums.
thank you for your help just found the general forum which has great advice thanks bunches
I breed and sell what I like. I focus on my "project" ones, but I always keep a pair from each pair I have breeding. That way I can continue the line. But Tad said it good, it's up to you what you think is better. That is what makes Kittycats so much fun. There are so many possibilities! I just breed what I like and sell any I don't keep. Smile Good luck and happy breeding.
Reference URL's