KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Twins? again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible for same cat to be born twice from only 1 set of parents at the same time?and does this ever happen to anyone else that often? I was under the assumption that a twin was just a sibling with exact same traits and parents, ( I have a set like that too ) now I 'm thinking maybe a REAL set of twins is two kittys exactly alike born at the exact same time, somebody please help me out here ... :| btw its a boy and girl, what does it all mean??..one things for sure i'm def breeding them together, so far I know they hide serenity eyes , so my question is are thes considered non identical actual twins ( since they have different fur / gender) or can twins of the same parents born on different times still be considered actual twins. I'm just a lil confused now
heres the ped for the birthday cat which gave birth to twins notice both kittys born on same day 4/17
twins ped with mom
heres more close up
Twins ped closer up

I guess the reason why I ask is that i have seen ppl charge a lot of money for a set of twins and so i was kinda curious how rare this could be. I really din't think two cats could ever be born at once. weird
but its like they say computers don't make mistakes, humans who make computers do? or is it just a strange ghost in the machine blip kinda thing
Yes, it looks like you got twins. It happens, but very rarely.

There's noting special about the offspring other than the fact you received two instead one. Yes, it IS possible, but highly unlikely that the twins would be "identical".
but what does it mean then if i got the other identical twins born at different times, can i still call them twins technically, seems to be the discrepancy, im not sure which one is more rare or vlaued more is all the ones born at once or the once born a month apart, are they both equally as rare? and what about triplets will the servers blips triplets sumtimes too?
but don't get me wrong both seem special im just trying to figure out exactly how rare it really is as that will determine the fair pricing i want to set for them in the event i want to sell them
Getting two boxes AT THE SAME time are "twins" and pretty rare. So rare there's not a lot of 'feeling' for the proportion of fraternal (same time, different trait values) and identical (same time, same traits); but my feeling is identical should be quite a bit more rare than fraternal.

Getting two boxes, at different times, from the same parents which appear identical is probably more likely than either identical or fraternal twins.

But, like I said, twins are rare enough that relative probabilities are simple guesses.
hm nice answer! thank you Smile

Out of 500 boxes,

I scored a pair of twin, foxie eared, black and white, pandies...once.

Out of that same 500 boxes I scored two rubies.

And I thought gems were rare!

I'm sure there are folks who got three sets of twins in a row somewhere.

But as a rule, these are 'blue moon' aquisitions.
Reference URL's