KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Can snowshoe cream + Ocicat black pass this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what exactly does it mean when your Snowshoe cream and your ocicat black give birth to an Abysinnian Ruddy

hope no one minds I'm gonna answer my own question here...well then everyone i guess this is supposed to mean that Aby ruddy is recessive to ocicat black which in turn makes it dominant to ruddy erm...hooray....it could be worse though like dominant to siamese seal...it just seems aby ruddy is soooo far down the list from Balinese cream. but then that means also that they should be easier for us all to breed, which kinda explains a few things...hehehe
but even this kinda scenario could easily fool someone into thinking they can pass a dominant trait
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34628696@N03/13713994193/
You figured right Xathor.
In case she doesn't see this post, could you please send a NC with that link to Liriel Garnet so that she can include this useful info in the trait charts please ?
Yes, I hope you do send this pic to Liriel!
Currently trait chart - Furs - has note at the bottom about Ocicat Black placement --

" - Ocicat Black is between Aby Ruddy and Bali Cream Lynx - more info, please."

Well, if Aby Ruddy is recessive to Ocicat Black, as your pedigree picture shows, then the wording needs to be revised in the traits chart.

So in fact, Ocicat Black is between ... something dominant to Aby Ruddy , and ... Aby Ruddy. hehe
Yes it was my thoughts the same, and yes i did send this to lire, im sure she just hasnt gotten to it yet
Reference URL's