KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Cats dont breed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there...

I don't know if its because of the last update or what, but I have a few cats that are all at 100% love, and within range of each other and they just do not breed.

Two were even partnered, and that just expired w/o result.

any suggestions?
Hello Yuukie,

When this happens, picking up the cats & re-rezzing them next to each other usually helps.
I noticed cuddling them does help too.

Please let us know if that worked. Smile
Just thought I'd add this here: I had exactly the same problem. Cats at 100% love, within range and all, but suddenly not breeding anymore. Cuddling them or re-rezzing them didn't work.

Re-rezzing on a different parcel did work though. No idea why, but maybe it's helpful information to someone?
For your cats to successfully breed they need to meet the following criteria:
  • Love at 100%
  • Happiness over 75%
  • Energy over 25%
  • Hunger under 25%
  • male and female
  • both awake
  • within range of each other
  • set them to same group as the land (this is VERY important if land is set for group access, scripts, rezzing and object entry only)
  • can also try re-rezzing cats next to each other and resetting home

If your cats are having issues breeding, double check the criteria listed above. Often the reason for them not breeding is something simple, like having energy out of sync, or one cat being asleep.

Also keep in mind that partnering a cat is not a guarantee that they will breed. It's only a guarantee that they won't accidentally breed with a cat other than the one they are partnered to, for the duration of the partnership

I hope this information helps! Smile
(10-04-2011 12:34 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote: [ -> ][*]set them to same group as the land (this is VERY important if land is set for group access, scripts, rezzing and object entry only)

So how do you set a cat's groups? I've looked but haven't been able to find any instructions on this.

Thanks.
(09-29-2011 05:38 AM)Sama Yalin Wrote: [ -> ]Just thought I'd add this here: I had exactly the same problem. Cats at 100% love, within range and all, but suddenly not breeding anymore. Cuddling them or re-rezzing them didn't work.

Re-rezzing on a different parcel did work though. No idea why, but maybe it's helpful information to someone?

I have had the exact thing happen - only moving them to another sim lets them breed.
And lately as in the last 2 weeks, I have had 3 pairs that refused to breed after meeting ALL the criteria for over an hour. (After breeding 3000 pairs inworld I do know how it works!)

In the recent cases, cycling to 2D and back to 3D, and/or re- rezzing the cats finally got them to breed in the normal time (10 mins or less.) The usual reason for these glitches: blame it on Linden Labs.
You set the cat's group, as well as docks, magic bottles, food or milk, the same as any other object.

When you rez, it's given the group tag you have on. (Firefox has an option to use the land group, if you're a member.) Most places, you'll need to have the tag on (or the Firefox option enabled) to rez things. If you can rez (create) a new object (say, a box), do so to test before you pull out the cat, dock, etc.

Otherwise, to check and/or change the group, Edit the object (cat, dock, etc) and set the group on the General tab by clicking the icon to the far right of the panel next to the group name (or no name if they are not in a group at all).

Kittens rules, above, miss two CRITICAL checks:

FIRST, check that one is MALE and the other FEMALE.

THEN, check that, if mated, they are mated TO EACH OTHER!!!

Cats regularly 'talk' to the mother ship. To produce an offspring, they need to do so.

Cats talk using HTTP, the same as when you check your Pedigree or Cattery. So you can check the database and web server are up and responding by checking after you're run through the in-world checks, above. If your Pedigree page is slow (it is often slow, so I mean slower than normal), the cat may give up before the servers can respond. If you Pedigree or Cattery won't come up at all, the servers may be down; if so, NO cats will produce offspring, for anyone, until they are back online.

The best check that the servers are up is to retrieve a cat from the Cattery. If the page comes up, and the cat appears on your dock, all is well.

You can FORCE the cats to speak to the mothership.

Any rez does so. This includes rezing from inventory and changing prim mode.

Changing to a new parcel does NOT do so. Changing to a new region (simulator) does. So teleporting, or even walking (over 30 meters in) to a new region will force the cat to obtain a new web client connection from the simulator and check in using this new connection.
Reference URL's