KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie pedigree tree question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to KC and while I love them, I am a bit confused when I look at traits on the Pedigree page vs the Pedigree Tree for the 4 specials that I have. For example, I have a 2013 PurrBallS that lists like this on the Pedigree Page:

Fur- PurrBallS Purple Parade
Eyes - Crystal Dream
Shape/Pupil - Mysterious/Small
Shade - Flash
Tail - Plush
Ears - Curious
Whiskers/Shape - White/Frazzled

But, on the Pedigree Tree the stats change to this:

PurrBallS Purple Parade
Fur - Genesis Smokey III
Eyes - Genesis Water
Shape/Pupil - Curious/Big
Shade - Natural
Tail - Genesis
Ears - Genesis
Whiskers/Shape - Silver/Guitar

Why is there such a difference? One of my cats, on the pedigree tree is listed as having Genesis ears, but on the Pedigree page (and on the cat itself) the ears are Mysterious Odyssy Fold. I am very confused.
Hi Sorana, the kitten you're showing here is a Limited Edition COSTUME kitten.

A Limited Edition (in this case is a Christmas 2013 PurrBall) is a STARTER kitten with a COSTUME.

This mean that you will have a real genesis starter kitten dressed with a nice costume that in some cases pass some costumed traits and most of the other cases don't pass the costumed traits but the new traits that can be hide from any starter.

Same if you will check a Lucky Boy kitten, our last special baby born for Mardi Gras/St. Patrick. You will see in pedi page (and in inworld stats) a kitten but when you will go to open the complete Pedigree page will see the real traits that are under the costume.

Smile
Hi Sorana,

The traits you see on SL are the cat's costume, the ones you see on the pedigree
are the "real" traits.

Each cat has 2 "layers" of traits, one visible (the one you can see for sure on the
pedigree page) and one hidden (that you have to figure out through breeding).

But some cats, like the Limited Editions or some "special kittens" they usually
get as their first kitten, have 3 "layers" of traits : the costume (most of the time,
that is not breedable/passable) and the 2 other layers I just talked about.

Hikari Smile
You are right, Miss Sorana, that it is confusing. The pedigree tree shows what genes the kitten really holds – they are all Genesis traits.

If it helps, just think of the cat as being an ordinary Genesis kitten with a delightful set of traits “painted on top” just to make the kitten look pretty. If you were to breed this, it would be the Genesis traits (and some lovely random hidden traits underneath) that would pass.
Thank you all so much for the quick answers. It makes a lot more sense now.
Reference URL's