KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Advice on Breeding my Foxie Red Mask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly educated on breeding and kittycats but when it comes to advancement on them such as pulling furs, eyes, shades etc. I could use more education on it. I have been trying to only pull foxie red mask with my own foxie red mask but so far she has only given one and the rest have been foxie soft blacks. I bred her with a foxie soft black and that is the one she gave the foxie red mask with but the rest of their kittens have been foxie soft blacks. So I paired her with another foxie red mask which was her own kitten and still only getting foxie soft blacks. I am trying to figure out how to only pull the foxie red mask. Advice on it would be appreciated! I will post a pic of their pedigrees.

I bred her with Chester, the soft black and the other partner is her own kitten who is a Foxie red mask. I was gonna try her other kitten next who is a soft black to see what happens but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has better ideas/advice and can help educate me a bit more. Thank you!
Hi Candi

Well this is another case of the server doing you a big "favor" Tongue giving you loads of wonderful SBs when what you want is a more dominant fur. Now if you were trying for SBs then you'd be tearing your hair for them giving only Red Masks.

This is commonly known as Sod's Law and i often wonder if KCR didn't find a way to write it into the database in a moment of gleeful perversity.

This also shows how in fact, while we think it's difficult to breed out recessive traits it can be even more difficult trying for dominants as most who've taken on this task have found.

Without going into all the details your best bet is still breeding Red with Red, the odds being higher for them to produce their shown than their hidden fur.
Also, if you could find a "pure" Red partner it will be unable to pull out the SB and can only give you Reds.

Hope this helps and good luck Smile
Thank you for your feedback! I will try to find her a good male that is a red foxie and that is pure or doesn't have soft black in his pedigree. Thanks again!

Heck, I can hook up a red mask and a black softie

and end up with a choco siamese.

Somebody down the road will be trying to make choco siameses

and end up with a red mask.

Think of it as Christmas morning when your hoping for a train set

and get a big oversized sweater with a moose in a santa hat on the front.
OMG hahahaha, that is a great way to look at it.
Reference URL's